Brewart Community get together

Robert Pretty

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 24/2/22 at 12:09 PM, T D said:

Now that the hermit kingdom has declared it will be opening… is it time to revive this thread and look at any potential dates for a BrewArt forum day?

First of all I think we need to know how many could come/will come? Then there is when so let’s start with what month would suit. 
So as a start put your name down, month/s preferred, day/s preferred, lunch or tea time.

C3D April/ May    Friday/Saturday/Sunday, Lunch. Once we have this I’ll move all to excel sheet and we can all work on a common day.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

April or May but if it takes us too long to reach a consensus then it will need to be May for me as my work roster requests for April RDOs need to be in within the next couple of weeks.

Saturday or Sunday lunch.

🍻

Yes it’s really about how many, could be just you and me cuddled up by the pie cart.

So far

Robert Pretty May ok   Sunday lunch ok. Submits Sunday 15th or 29th May 

TD  May ok. Sunday ok. flexible so Sunday 15th or 29th May ok

Dustin Frothman May ok. Sunday lunch ok - is 15th or 29th suitable??

C3D May ok. Sunday lunch ok Sunday 15th or 29th ok

Confirmation in 10days (people can add to the agreed date time with lunch venue to be decided- Dustin you have good Adelaide knowledge)

40 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Way cheaper to fly from Melbourne plus I can't fly those little planes anymore. Even work lets me drive up now after the "incidents"

There’s competition on your direct route now so it’s likely cheaper than you think.

But please do tell about the “incidents” as that sounds interesting.

I reckon with a kangaroo tailed service even your bank bosses would be happy for you to fly again. ;)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

The list to date is:-

Robert Pretty, T D, Dustin Frothman, Wazza_wantsabeer and self. All things woudd indicate Sunday May 29th.

I must ask, due to current cost of living issues particularly the cost in flying ect (fuel cost for one) is every one still on board for that date or is preference to leave until say next summer?

I’m ok with it but understand that it could soon be rather cost prohibitive for some to fly/drive etc.

The cost of living issues are just another challenge we’re all soon to face. I certainly won’t be using the car more than absolutely necessary and even though I’ve never done it in an attempt to save money, I’m glad that we brew our own beers!

Edited by Dustin Frothman
  • Like 2

Robert’s get together should not be forgotten and we need to keep this on the agenda. I think the current proposal is a miss, cost of living, airfare increases etc etc.

So I’m out ( doesn’t top others) however if we review early summer because hopefully pricing will be better and Liam will be in a better position to let us loose in his facility. To be honest I’m disappointed however recent times dictate that we have to adjust, so a bit of a delay is not the end of the world. (hold on I’m 70 plus, let’s do it in at least in the next 10 years, I’m ducking good for that)🤣😳🤭😂🍻🍻🍺🍺

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Robert’s get together should not be forgotten and we need to keep this on the agenda. I think the current proposal is a miss, cost of living, airfare increases etc etc.

So I’m out ( doesn’t top others) however if we review early summer because hopefully pricing will be better and Liam will be in a better position to let us loose in his facility. To be honest I’m disappointed however recent times dictate that we have to adjust, so a bit of a delay is not the end of the world. (hold on I’m 70 plus, let’s do it in at least in the next 10 years, I’m ducking good for that)🤣😳🤭😂🍻🍻🍺🍺

No worries and understand.

Whatever and whenever we decide please just give me a couple of month’s notice at least as sadly my industry doesn’t allow for last minute arrangements.

• Thanks 1