AFL 2022

Dustin Frothman

13 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

What’s that got to do with these discussions?

I’m not WOKE, I allow people to have opinions that don’t agree with mine. So I’ll stop whinging, “don’t cry me a river”.

A South Aussie finding an irrelevance to have a whinge about in a casual discussion about something as unimportant as football seems to be a statewide obsession. I would’ve left it at “yeah great game, looking forward to it.”

Should we talk about the Grand Prix or Don Dunstan whilst we’re at it?

You’re always entitled to your opinion.

10 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Hopefully Tex kicks a dozen today though, just love the guy and get really narky when people have a go at him because he isn't the smartest person in the world...you only had to look at him to see that but he can footy

I like watching Tex play. I hope he doesn’t kick a dozen on us today but I’m sure it’ll be a spectacle if he does.

I think people generally have a go at him for his poor behaviour. He has served his time though so we should move on and let his footy do the talking.

9 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

I like watching Tex play. I hope he doesn’t kick a dozen on us today but I’m sure it’ll be a spectacle if he does.

I think people generally have a go at him for his poor behaviour. He has served his time though so we should move on and let his footy do the talking.

His incident last year, stupid, probably should have been 10 games, maybe more that being said, copped his penalty. I'm thinking before that when his speech was criticised aftyer the GF...I was surprised by the backlash, what were people expecting, verbal elegance from the man? 

Still, dozen in the first quarter, break Fannings largely undeserved record by 3/4 time, would make for a great match :)

13 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

A South Aussie finding an irrelevance to have a whinge about in a casual discussion about something as unimportant as football seems to be a statewide obsession. I would’ve left it at “yeah great game, looking forward to it.”

Should we talk about the Grand Prix or Don Dunstan whilst we’re at it?

You’re always entitled to your opinion.

The thread is titled AFL 2022 so I’d suggest any comments to go with the AFL are in order, perhaps it should be titled AFL Games 2022!

”  I would’ve left it at “yeah great game, looking forward to it.” sorry.

“the massive South Australian shoulder chip came out andthere was a sook about ……..” I’ll remove my chip and stop sooking. 😀

”issues that are essentially non existent.” Your opinion and that’s fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Sad day to see Tippa retire, his life story is really interesting and to be fair, he may never have got a go if it wasn't for the Bombers drug scandal...though he did cost me a free feed of fish and chips...

Fish and chip shop has a tipping comp for Fridays game, closest to winning margin gets $40 worth of Fish and Chips, which from this place is a fair feed. So Bombers Vs Roos and I pick the Bombers by 24, came down to 40 seconds, Bombers up by 19...kinda hoping Bombers can get a goal and nobody picked 25 or 26...but being as I picked 24, they would have been both picked.

Roos surge through 50 and kick a point. Now I am really taking an interest. Bombers kick out long and to the left and one of those one Bomber against Two Roos marks frees up the loose player and the Bombers run it down the wing with short kicks and handball before delivering inside 30 metres to Tippa, pretty much straight in front, slight angle at best but on the right side for a right footer.

Mrs C asks whether he is a chance of slotting it and getting us a feed and I confidently tell her that if I could have the fate of my free Fish and Chips feed resting on someone, I am very happy it is Tippa, pretty good shot on goal.

And he sprayed it to the effin' right. The only consolation was straight off the boot, I knew he had blown it, so it wasn't like it looked like it was going through until it swung late and hit the post...or it went through and then the goal umpire went 'just want to check whether it touched the post, I think it did" and even though the first viewing clearly showed it missing, the twat upstairs decides "inconclusive evidence, umpires call". That would have f&cked me off more.

Still, Tippa, it was a joy to watch you that time you destroyed Hamish Hartlett and kicked a handful of goals.  I hope he does well in retirement.

This isn't the link I really want to share but it still kinda glosses over his story, his time in Melville island was far tougher than this story makes out, when he befriends his teachjer he is ostrachised by his people. Anyways...

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2016-bomber-anthony-mcdonaldtipungwutis-long-journey-to-overnight-success-20160526-gp4djm.html

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lucky said:

Being a West Aussie, and an Eagles Die-Hard... I feel like I chose the wrong year to join this forum.

Welcome Lucky, you can’t help being an Eagle, try being a Crow for a while 😀
What style of beer do you enjoy the most? Like most of us your going to find the BrewArt ingredients and processes are exceptional.

I see from the Members Map that your in Belgium, boy you’d be having a few good ales and lagers?

On 11/06/2022 at 3:40 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Welcome Lucky, you can’t help being an Eagle, try being a Crow for a while 😀
What style of beer do you enjoy the most? Like most of us your going to find the BrewArt ingredients and processes are exceptional.

I see from the Members Map that your in Belgium, boy you’d be having a few good ales and lagers?

I think the members map was a blunder some how. I live in the WA Goldfields, and wouldn't have it any other way.

I have my first brew on at the moment, but it is just a woollies homebrew tin. I bought my beerdroid and brewflo second hand but unused and still in their boxes. However they had been stored in a hot shed and the keg have warped and I am going to assume the ingredients from the APA will be pretty much spoilt. I have placed an order for new kegs, brewprints and some other gear, but Auspost couldn't organise a pissup at a brewery (haha, topically ironic). So I figured I would get something happening while they send my parcels backwards and forwards between Qld and NSW a dozen times before putting on what must be the slowest moving truck to have ever done the east west trip. Burke and Will's could have gotten it here faster...

I'm not particularly fussy with my beer usually, so long as it is cold and wet I'll drink it. I like a good dry beer mostly but have been partial to a tooheys old every now and then to keep the spice in the relationship. These days it's chasing low carb though to keep the blood sugars down and the doctor happy.

To keep in line with the thread topic though, I'd drink hot piss if it meant not watching another Eagles flogging for the rest of the season...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lucky said:

I have placed an order for new kegs, brewprints and some other gear, but Auspost couldn't organise a pissup at a brewery (haha, topically ironic). So I figured I would get something happening while they send my parcels backwards and forwards between Qld and NSW a dozen times before putting on what must be the slowest moving truck to have ever done the east west trip. Burke and Will's could have gotten it here faster...

It is unusual to here any bad words about Aus Post here...

Captain 3 Droids swears by them, wait...no at them, he swears at them

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...