New BrewFlo - Upgrade….?

Rob Courtney

Thanks Captain,

Yeah for the near future I will stick to just upgrading Version 1, certainly will invest in V2 within the next 12 months.

I always have the air line disconnected for the first pour, (I learnt that early on). I reckon I brewed a Jolly Roger second brew and wasted a keg before I tweaked that if there is excessive froth being poured, just unhook the air line until it invariably sorts itself out.

Your Czech Pilsner looks alright though,as I enviously sit here at work wishing I was elsewhere.

Cheers!

Anthony

• Like 1

Going to ask a stupid question here.

I've just received the upgrade kit and some of the new keg tops.  I still have one keg with the old style top to consume but have run out of the old style beer lines.

Am I able to carefully remove the top from the keg and replace with the new spear/top, or will it end in disaster with beer everywhere?

Thanks

25 minutes ago, Glen Rycroft said:

Going to ask a stupid question here.

I've just received the upgrade kit and some of the new keg tops.  I still have one keg with the old style top to consume but have run out of the old style beer lines.

Am I able to carefully remove the top from the keg and replace with the new spear/top, or will it end in disaster with beer everywhere?

Thanks

Disaster

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Second keg of the Czech Pilsner, now at 8 weeks. First pour with some head however not an issue and I don’t toss the first bit foam as recommended by BrewArt. Second pour with no issue. 
As @Anthony Daltonrecommends the first pour should be done without the air connected as this helps to establish the carbonation level of the brew, ie if it should be over carbonated this will help to reduce that along with flow adjustments. If carbonation is ok, connect the air flow there and then.

DB17DA4C-7D0E-4745-948E-B5F71033E865.thumb.jpeg.0e72bfb7981fb0412021a7a83d073ef5.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 16/10/2022 at 11:47 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Kegged 2 x 5l of Neder Lager the other day. Now I’m confident with the whole kegging and BrewFlo unit process, will allow kegs to mature more.

I have 4 kegs and will keep this as an addition to my ss kegs set up.

When you are doing kegs, are you still adding maltodextrin when you put the brew down and if so, how much?