New BrewFlo - Upgrade….?

Rob Courtney

3 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Social media platforms are the right place to advertise this stuff. Even though we interact here, online forums have been dying a slow death for a while so they’d get more exposure on SookBook, Instaflog, Twatter etc. ;)

That not much goes on via their SookBook page … who knows. There’s definitely a healthy user base on the unofficial page. I haven’t checked it out for months though, but I’m sure there’s a robust discussion happening re these upgrades.

Sadly your right about a lot of forums. Facebook however is not user friendly for me. I like forum categories (Threads) and search is easy.

2 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

It help you serve it. It won’t change how much CO2 is in the solution.

Yes, correct. In theory you shouldn’t get over/under carbonation if the 30g block or equivalent is used, the keg is filled with 5l and fermentation has finished. Sometimes I thing the EOF is the issue with overcarbonation.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Yes, correct. In theory you shouldn’t get over/under carbonation if the 30g block or equivalent is used, the keg is filled with 5l and fermentation has finished. Sometimes I thing the EOF is the issue with overcarbonation.

Agreed, and hence the extra time in the Droid trick.

Perhaps the EOf algorithm will get an update to address this too.

• Upvote 1

I’m excited. I do like the idea of ball lock fittings.  Would make the BrewArt kegs 100% portable and compatible with any kegerator system.  

additionally the brewflo would still be appealing in terms of electrical efficiency and small

footprint 🙂

Edited by J P
Spelling
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dustin Frothman said:

If you’ve already got a kegerator type setup happening what would you see as the benefit of doing that?

No. I invented the CO² conversion for Flo's. Solves the liner and over carbonation issues but I really like the disposable liner idea.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 13/07/2022 at 9:40 PM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Sadly your right about a lot of forums. Facebook however is not user friendly for me. I like forum categories (Threads) and search is easy.

I just revisited the Facebook AUS BrewArt site.  There are many naive questions posted but are often not answered well, or at all.  I fielded one which was a dry-hop issue because the user had not upgraded his Droid's firmware.  (The recipe had been changed from liquid to dry hops.)  There were commiserative comments but no solutions offered.  Those (others) commenting had no idea why the user's Droid failed to alert the user for dry hop addition.

I suspect that there are many avid BrewArt brewers out there that simply need to hook up with us.  The expertise among this group and its prompt and helpful expert suggestions are ample reasons to join in.  I have learned much and totally appreciate this group.

However, my opinion of Facebook declines each day.

Happy brewing. 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Thagomizer said:

I just revisited the Facebook AUS BrewArt site.  There are many naive questions posted but are often not answered well, or at all.  I fielded one which was a dry-hop issue because the user had not upgraded his Droid's firmware.  (The recipe had been changed from liquid to dry hops.)  There were commiserative comments but no solutions offered.  Those (others) commenting had no idea why the user's Droid failed to alert the user for dry hop addition.

I suspect that there are many avid BrewArt brewers out there that simply need to hook up with us.  The expertise among this group and its prompt and helpful expert suggestions are ample reasons to join in.  I have learned much and totally appreciate this group.

However, my opinion of Facebook declines each day.

Happy brewing. 😄

Your so right. But I reckon a lot from Facebook do seek information from this forum without posting. This I feel is supported by the number of views on particular threads. And that’s fine. 

2 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

We forgive “you all Texan folk” (I’m here in Adelaide, sister city to Austin)

Ahem! If yer gonna talk Texan, ya better do it right! That’s “Y’all Texans” 🤓

• Haha 1

On 14/07/2022 at 11:09 PM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Your so right. But I reckon a lot from Facebook do seek information from this forum without posting. This I feel is supported by the number of views on particular threads. And that’s fine. 

Now, Captain, "reckon" is a copyrighted Texas expression.  However, you are free to use it.  Just pronounce it with a suitable drawl. 🙂

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I could adapt my existing Flo's to ball locks easily enough but the new caps are more than my kegs cost to start with, plus I'd have to throw out 20 old style kegs. Prices me out of this market right now which is a shame. I'm surprised there isn't a retrofit kit to convert old flo's to ball lock. Maybe it's coming later because I'm sure it would be popular

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Benoz said:

I could adapt my existing Flo's to ball locks easily enough but the new caps are more than my kegs cost to start with, plus I'd have to throw out 20 old style kegs. Prices me out of this market right now which is a shame. I'm surprised there isn't a retrofit kit to convert old flo's to ball lock. Maybe it's coming later because I'm sure it would be popular

I hadn't looked at that yet. At $65 for the caps then yes that's more than the $40 I paid for each pair of kegs when they were on special. I also have quite a few of the old style round bottom kegs.

The price point for a pair of kegs ($89) is basically the same as a half corny keg yet you still need a liner and in theory a disposable beer line.

I'd also like to see how the new keg caps connect to the liner and if that side of the system has been improved too.

So the new unit doesn’t work with the old kegs.

The old unit is not software upgradable to give pressure control.

Anyone interested in a class action?

The current unit, by Brewarts own admission with this upgrade, is not doing what was advertised and is “not fit for purpose”, which is a guarantee under Australian consumer law.

Brewart have simply left behind those who funded their initial expansion by not offering them;

A) A new unit and replacement kegs.

B) A discount on a new unit and replacement kegs.

I think I could find a lawyer to take on the case. Pretty clear cut, and I’ve even seen a person buy a brewflow in the last two weeks, despite BrewArt knowing the unit is defective and a new unit was under launch condition.

Unconscionable behaviour from a very respected company (Coopers.). 

• Downvote 2

33 minutes ago, Pursya said:

The current unit, by Brewarts own admission with this upgrade, is not doing what was advertised and is “not fit for purpose”, which is a guarantee under Australian consumer law.

Brewart have simply left behind those who funded their initial expansion by not offering them;

I think I could find a lawyer to take on the case. Pretty clear cut, and I’ve even seen a person buy a brewflow in the last two weeks, despite BrewArt knowing the unit is defective and a new unit was under launch condition.

Not going to agree here. Many many things get upgraded, improved, removal of issues eg phones, computers, tv’s etc. It is part of the commercial world. As I see it BrewArt goes overboard with there customer service and technical division.

• Upvote 2

On 18/7/2022 at 2:23 PM, Thagomizer said:

Now, Captain, "reckon" is a copyrighted Texas expression.  However, you are free to use it.  Just pronounce it with a suitable drawl. 🙂

However only Texans are allowed to use “Fixin’ ta”

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pursya said:

A little over the top to go nuclear like that IMO.  

Sticker shock? Sure. 

I think it’s inevitable that there will be significant upgrades in technology and equipment when a reputable company tries to stay on the cutting edge and perfect the systems in use  

Nothing stopping us from continuing to use the old system and it would seem they’ve tried to make things compatible where possible. 

There is a cost to research and development and would seem reasonable for the company to try to realise a profit for their efforts. 

I’ve never experienced anything but kind and generous customer support from Liam and the team and would think talk of legal action pretty outside the lines, and spirit of the BrewArt experience.  

wish I had more cash in my brew kitty.  I’d like to give it a go. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1