Brendan Ashe

Brewing using Coopers cans?

No havent done it yet lol, will be after my Perth trip now . It has arrived , have the cider and a ginger beer . No apple juice needed for this one . Any idea how to make it like a dry cider. I have a feeling this will be over poweringly sweet

11 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

No havent done it yet lol, will be after my Perth trip now . It has arrived , have the cider and a ginger beer . No apple juice needed for this one . Any idea how to make it like a dry cider. I have a feeling this will be over poweringly sweet

While in Perth get yourself a champagne yeast as I believe this will create the dry cider outcome.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

One or two droids?

Still only 1 . Was planning on a Fathers Day pressie but my missus already has other plans. Might treat myself anyways lol

Good idea, watch out for specials, BrewArt have had the Droid out twice this year so far for $499. My last one I pay via Zip, $40/fortnight + $6 monthly admin. (made easier in convincing the wife).

• Thanks 1

Have done this before and rated highly - In the droid just now.

BrewA IPA - Citra. 1/2 tin Coopers BrewA IPA, 250g dry amber malt, Thomas Cooper tin yeast (7g), will dry hop 20g of Citra pellets day 5.

Simple recipe (and will use the other 1/2 tin with Y2 yeast, 250g ldme and dry hop either Galaxy, Amarillo, or perhaps Vic Secret.)

On 05/08/2020 at 11:27 AM, Barrelboy said:

Have done the second half and will dry hop day 6 10g of simcoe and 10g Mosaic

Well I never, nearly 150 BrewArt brews and never forgot the yeast yet. Well always a first time I suppose. No harm done as this ale was premixed, ie no ingredients sitting on top and the wort nicely sealed up at 17C.
Cancelled program, and downloaded the new firmware P16, a bonus to this error of mine.

Have now set the custom mode and set the dry hop to on. Will be interested in this as to my thoughts on adding the hops. Might be the first droid to use this, never know butdoesnt matter anyway.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Who is the old man hey? :)

I hoped no one would notice. Not problemswithmy age, err..where am I. Who am I?

• Haha 1