USA Day

I remember there was a movie about "Independence Day" for a historically accurate telling of America's history, I believe it had a few holes in it and that is even before the "Aliens" were introduced..

Be that as it may, do you guys get into it?

Few beers, bit of a BBQ, actually have to talk to the neighbours?

What are your plans today?

• Like 1

Actually, the movie "Independence Day" was incredibly accurate with the exception of the portrayal of the president as a brave, intelligent, charismatic, military veteran and dedicated family man. Our actual president at the time was Bill Clinton. Otherwise, yeah, pretty accurate movie.

My Independence Day will be pretty mundane. My bride is a nurse working a 12-hour night shift in a hospital, so she will sleep most of the day before going to work again tonight. I'll have breakfast ready for her when she gets home in a while, then spend the day puttering around the yard, checking the pasture fences, taking the dog for a walk. I did put the flag out when I got up this morning, but that's about it for my patriotic observance. Beer and BBQ is a great thought, but I'll wait and enjoy those with Bride when she has a chance. 

And to my fellow Americans, Happy Independence Day!

Slainte!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1