Hi All

I have put a Ginger Beer in my Droid this is my 2nd one but I didn't set the temperature right it has only got to 13degrees not the required 22degrees it has been on for 21days & is still fermenting can I go back & change Temperature or will I just dispose of it..it's Alcoholic GB the first one was fine & took about 10 days but I didn't change the Temp when I put this one down..Any info would be greatly appreciated 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Congratulations on inventing Ginger Lager!

More seriously though, I can't see any reason you'd need to chuck it out. Maybe it will taste a little different, I'm not sure, but I doubt it will be significant compared to the gingery goodness.

From here you can either change the temp now and then bottle/keg it when it finishes, or just leave it at the current temp as an experiment and bottle it when it's done (will take longer)

Also, for my own interest, do you use a kit/can for the ginger beer, or do you have a special recipe? I want to do a ginger beer in the near future!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Gillies Brewing said:

More seriously though, I can't see any reason you'd need to chuck it out. Maybe it will taste a little different, I'm not sure, but I doubt it will be significant compared to the gingery goodness.

From here you can either change the temp now and then bottle/keg it when it finishes, or just leave it at the current temp as an experiment and bottle it when it's done (will take longer)

Also, for my own interest, do you use a kit/can for the ginger beer, or do you have a special recipe? I want to do a ginger beer in the near future!

12 hours ago, Gillies Brewing said:

Hi 🤗

Thanks for your Reply..I used Morgans Ginger Beer it comes in a Sachet 

I did one & it is great but this one I stuffed up the temperature I think

How do I go back & change Temperature 

I am going into hospital for Surgery on Monday & will be away for a week so hopefully it will just go into store mode 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Debra Maloney said:

Hi 🤗

Thanks for your Reply..I used Morgans Ginger Beer it comes in a Sachet 

I did one & it is great but this one I stuffed up the temperature I think

How do I go back & change Temperature 

I am going into hospital for Surgery on Monday & will be away for a week so hopefully it will just go into store mode 😉

Definitely, there won't be an issue changing the temperature before you go into hospital (hope all goes well). You can change the temperature via the App:

image.thumb.png.9e78fe500924725d788ccbde94d41122.png

Where it says "CHANGE TARGET TEMP" you press on that and set it to your desired fermentation temperature.

It will then warm up and hold that temperature until end of fermentation when it will go into "KEG" mode, if you will be in hospital for some time, you will want to move that to "Storage" which should be set for a lower temperature than "KEG" and it can sit there safely for some days or weeks even.

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2