On 11/12/2023 at 8:32 PM, Thagomizer said:

On Wednesday, I will be getting a "CT Scan" to assure that none of those metal screws in my spine are slipping.  I doubt if this will be a problem since my surgeon said that I would probably be feeling some pain if that were the case.  So, the scan is to assure that I don't have any loose screws (in my spine, that is.)

I have collected some more titanium.  The first was the repair to my spine last October, which was successful.  And a recent (last week) X-ray showed that repair to be stable. 

Then in March, serious pains in my right thigh and knee led to an MRI that showed a badly failed hip joint.  This is day 27 after my hip-replacement surgery and I am almost recovered - limping a bit, but without much pain.  Only, I can't stoop or squat yet.  I am undergoing outpatient physical therapy, which seems to help.

(That was the latest titanium installment.  Airport security will be challenging.)

It was not difficult to start a brewprint because I could stand up throughout the process.  With my Droid on the rolling cart, I had no problems filling the droid and adding packets.  Kegging, however, requires me to squat or frequently get up and down from a low stool.  This weekend, I will put it to the test.  Nothing is going to stop my brewing.  I will be kegging a German Weissbier.

🙂 Happy brewing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 14/12/2023 at 4:26 PM, Wazza_wantsbeer said:

Put on another Selzter in preparation for Xmas day and the holidays. Looking thru the viewing port I wasn't seeing any of the normal activity so I opened the lid and saw this...

image.thumb.jpeg.18e6b7a2427c623f5b2ea220e09f8a2e.jpeg

YUCK!

Pretty sure this is an infection as I've never seen a krausen that looks like this and those white parts look like a mold of some sort.

Was going to pour it out but thought I would check with the wise heads in this forum first.

Second ever infection, probably introduced by the (expensive) yuzu juice from Japan and now I'm kicking myself for pouring it straight in without pasteurizing it first which would by my normal method.

That will teach me for taking a short cut  😰

Sorry for not noticing this

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thagomizer said:

I have collected some more titanium.  The first was the repair to my spine last October, which was successful.  And a recent (last week) X-ray showed that repair to be stable. 

Then in March, serious pains in my right thigh and knee led to an MRI that showed a badly failed hip joint.  This is day 27 after my hip-replacement surgery and I am almost recovered - limping a bit, but without much pain.  Only, I can't stoop or squat yet.  I am undergoing outpatient physical therapy, which seems to help.

(That was the latest titanium installment.  Airport security will be challenging.)

It was not difficult to start a brewprint because I could stand up throughout the process.  With my Droid on the rolling cart, I had no problems filling the droid and adding packets.  Kegging, however, requires me to squat or frequently get up and down from a low stool.  This weekend, I will put it to the test.  Nothing is going to stop my brewing.  I will be kegging a German Weissbier.

🙂 Happy brewing.

Apprentice

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1