App showing multiple brews

sssibbbaaa

Hi all 

My app is playing funny buggers. Had a brief power outage during my last brew and afterwards, the app was showing two different brews at different stages. 

At first I thought it kept swapping from kegging mode to storage but a quick look at the droid itself highlighted what the issue was. 

I’ve since bottled that brew and hoped that finalising it on the droid would do the trick but it’s still happening. I’ve just put on a custom brew (which is showing “propagating”) but when I open the app, it comes up as Midlands Pale Ale (in “storage”). 

Anyone had this issue before?

Cheers

5D803427-E879-4F90-B69F-D0B24995BF06.thumb.png.555458e4721ea325e346d14ab04db6ec.png

FF74731B-E7E7-4571-B839-59A93E1430B9.thumb.png.b4e363bf4d95908e7180949c93313f88.png

Edited by sssibbbaaa
  • Like 1

Hi sssibbba, sounds exactly like what has happened to a colleague of mine recently. Have you got a newish droid purchased in the last 6-12 months? Apparently the manufacture made some with the same serial numbers coded, therefore there are droids which are 'identical', I guess resulting in apps giving you someone else's data!

Just notify brewart and they'll sort it.

Sam

• Sad 1

sssibbbaaa,

Welcome to the Forum.

My first guess is that your app has somehow registered two BeerDroids.  You can check this by touching the "My BeerDroid" icon on your app.  If you see two Droids listed but only have one, you may need to delete the version showing the older batch.

You can also check with customer support at BrewArt.  They are very helpful.

The first photo shows my two Droids.  The second shows how to remove one or reconfigure it.

I hope this helps.

I2022-08-02_17-28-48.gif.c0a1434ce1063857d80474ab8a2193fb.gif2022-08-02_17-24-48.gif.f12674c57057856953e451338381f789.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Sam Armstrong said:

Hi sssibbba, sounds exactly like what has happened to a colleague of mine recently. Have you got a newish droid purchased in the last 6-12 months? Apparently the manufacture made some with the same serial numbers coded, therefore there are droids which are 'identical', I guess resulting in apps giving you someone else's data!

Sam

Yes, that would explain it.  I would contact BrewArt.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sam Armstrong said:

Sam

Thanks Sam. 
The app is only showing my droid being registered however I only got it at the end of June. This is just my fourth brew.

Sounds like BrewArt is my best port of call.

Thanks again

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Thagomizer said:

Yes, that would explain it.  I would contact BrewArt.

7 minutes ago, sssibbbaaa said:

Thanks Sam. 
The app is only showing my droid being registered however I only got it at the end of June. This is just my fourth brew.

Sounds like BrewArt is my best port of call.

Thanks again

That about settles it.  Since you only have one Droid registered, the duplicate serial number assumption is probably the best answer.  We look forward to your future questions and comments on this forum.

Happy brewing. 🙂

On 3/8/2022 at 10:05 AM, Thagomizer said:

That about settles it.  Since you only have one Droid registered, the duplicate serial number assumption is probably the best answer.  We look forward to your future questions and comments on this forum.

Happy brewing. 🙂

Emailed BrewArt which has confirmed the duplicate serial number. Unfortunately this means I need to send my droid back to get the SN reflashed :( 

I really hope it doesn’t take too long! 

• Sad 3