Beer Lines

Mark Gillman

3 hours ago, Mark Gillman said:

Does any one reuse the silicon beer lines, Recognising that they would need sanitising it seems a bir of a waste to dispose of them.

I have in the past but recognise that with the enclosed parts, could I be definite about getting in every nook and cranny. When I weighed that up against spending $2.50 to be sure I just went that way.

I get it though, seems a waste to be disposable

• 6 months later...
On 12/06/2023 at 9:57 PM, Rob Courtney said:

I have in the past but recognise that with the enclosed parts, could I be definite about getting in every nook and cranny. When I weighed that up against spending $2.50 to be sure I just went that way.

I get it though, seems a waste to be disposable

Hi, I'm very new to all of this. I have ordered a beerdroid and brewflo online but haven't got it yet.

I have been searching for topics on beer lines and this is the only one I can find besides people just randomly mentioning it in other topics.

I also have wondered why should beer lines be disposed after one use. 

It makes more sense when talking about the beer lines that you use to transfer the beer from the beerdroid to brewflo. 

However, how about the beer line that goes inside of the brewflo to make the dispenser run on tap? Infection wouldn't be an issue with that beer line but it's mentioned that using the same one over and over affects the taste of your beer. 

If you gave the beer line a thorough clean, perhaps it wouldn't affect the taste of the beer with the next run.