Oat Meal Stout

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted Coopers DIY on Face book and they kindly emailed me a recipe for Oatmeal Stout. The recipe is foe use with a 20+Lt kit which I might purchase of I might reduce the recipe x 50% and brew it in the Driod as I will have more temperature control and I will keg 2 x 10lts in Flow Kegs. 

Will keep you posted.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Mark Gillman said:

I contacted Coopers DIY on Face book and they kindly emailed me a recipe for Oatmeal Stout. The recipe is foe use with a 20+Lt kit which I might purchase of I might reduce the recipe x 50% and brew it in the Driod as I will have more temperature control and I will keg 2 x 10lts in Flow Kegs. 

Will keep you posted.

If you have two droids, you can just do the recipe...

20 hours ago, Mark Gillman said:

Will keep you posted.

Back when I only had one droid. I sometimes split a (5 to 6) gallon recipe and brewed them in sequential batches in my droid.  This worked well for me, and I refrigerated the idle parts carefully in wait for their turn in the droid.  The yeast, in my opinion, is the most vulnerable ingredient after opening the packet.  Close and seal the envelope carefully and keep it cool until pitching it into the second batch ... and don't wait too long to start that second batch.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...