Bottling wand without the bottles.

Any way I can get a bottling wand for the Beer Droid without getting all the PET bottles? I'm old fashioned, I like glass, I boil the bejeezus out of my bottles in a massive pot and let them cool a bit right before bottling and capping with crown caps.

I want to try tossing some dry hops in my next batch, a coopers pale, I realized too late there were no hops in it, and I like hops. Problem is, the dry hop filter and bottling adapter are set up with the assumption you have the wand. Now I don't want to spend so much money on plastic bottles I won't use just for a bottling wand. Are there any good alternatives or a way I can get just the wand?

2 hours ago, Lucas Edwards said:

Any way I can get a bottling wand for the Beer Droid without getting all the PET bottles? I'm old fashioned, I like glass, I boil the bejeezus out of my bottles in a massive pot and let them cool a bit right before bottling and capping with crown caps.

I want to try tossing some dry hops in my next batch, a coopers pale, I realized too late there were no hops in it, and I like hops. Problem is, the dry hop filter and bottling adapter are set up with the assumption you have the wand. Now I don't want to spend so much money on plastic bottles I won't use just for a bottling wand. Are there any good alternatives or a way I can get just the wand?

Hey Lucas, I would email Brewart to see if they can help you out on this

3 hours ago, Lucas Edwards said:

For what it's worth, Lucas, I've had excellent results using a stainless steel hop bomb rather than the hop filter, and I've never needed  a bottling wand. I just bottle straight out of the tap, tilting the bottle a bit so the brew runs down the glass inside of the neck. 

• Upvote 2

I do like using the bottling wand.  I spill less beer that way.  (It helps to have a powerful flashlight to observe the rise in the bottle.) 

I am in favor of encouraging BrewArt to offer more variety on parts for sale.  For example, they are planning to offer O-ring packages for the V2 kegs.  Why not bottling wands?  To their estimable credit, BrewArt is very accommodating in solving these special needs and assisting brewers with equipment issues.

I have not used any of the plastic bottles I was required to buy in order to get the bottling wand that I needed (Circa 2021 - during Covid).  They are in the attic with my V1 BrewFlo.  (I only use glass bottles.)

Other suppliers provide bottling wands, but I do not know if they would fit BrewArt equipment.

My policy is to bottle half a brew and keg the rest.  I now am experimenting with a V2 BrewFlo.  Hopefully, this will replace the 5L SS mini-kegs with the Party-Star CO2 infusion system.  They take up serious refrigerator space.

On 05/08/2023 at 7:05 AM, Steve Gyldenvand said:

For what it's worth, Lucas, I've had excellent results using a stainless steel hop bomb rather than the hop filter, and I've never needed  a bottling wand. I just bottle straight out of the tap, tilting the bottle a bit so the brew runs down the glass inside of the neck. 

I figured that trick out on my second brew. The tilting bottle, not the hop bomb.

If all else fails, one of my other many hobbies happens to also be 3d printing, so if all else fails I can just try to make my own bottling wand, or make an adapter for one off of Amazon.

Word on the street is that a 3d printed part can be sanitized just as well as a plate, and that the micro spaces aren't that big a deal, so here's hoping.

• Upvote 2