Kegging the recommended way

As I didn't have a beer flow but was going to get one in the future (I now have one), I kegged by just sanitising all the parts in a solution of Milton. Assembled the liner, filled and fitted all the keg caps etc. 

In the 101 Videos the user guide shows that we fill a keg with water and a cleanser tab, and then run this through the beer flow...what a waste of time. What if you have a keg of beer in there already?

Anyone had any issues by passing the cleansing stage using the beer flow.

On 06/08/2023 at 1:47 PM, Mark Gillman said:

As I didn't have a beer flow but was going to get one in the future (I now have one), I kegged by just sanitising all the parts in a solution of Milton. Assembled the liner, filled and fitted all the keg caps etc. 

In the 101 Videos the user guide shows that we fill a keg with water and a cleanser tab, and then run this through the beer flow...what a waste of time. What if you have a keg of beer in there already?

Anyone had any issues by passing the cleansing stage using the beer flow.

I suppose you can never be too careful and maybe the V2 version is slightly different but as far as the first time I used the Brewflo v1 it was a sanitise of equipment and a good spray of the taps

I take the FloCon and insert a valve in it, then use a spray bottle to inject sanitiser into the valve which then passes through and comes out of the beer line attachment. I usually attach the beer line so the sanitiser passes through that as well. Just remember to fully open the FloCon so it flows through easy. I've never wasted my time using the 101 method as it is a time consuming process enough already. To my mind this should sanitise the same internal components as doing it the long winded way, so long as you're using an instant sanitiser such as Star San. I also insert a valve in the Flocon when first cleaning out as it helps when flushing it with hot water

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...