Ale program and dry hops

Hi all,

I've got two droids and the second isn't connected to my app. I'm brewing an IPA (narci-citrus) that has dry hops in my non-app enabled droid. The brewprint page says to use the pre set Ale program. Will the Ale program prompt me to add dry hops, or will it just go from ferment to keg and potentially miss the cold crash?

Edited by MickyBlueEyes

8 hours ago, MickyBlueEyes said:

Hi all,

I've got two droids and the second isn't connected to my app. I'm brewing an IPA (narci-citrus) that has dry hops in my non-app enabled droid. The brewprint page says to use the pre set Ale program. Will the Ale program prompt me to add dry hops, or will it just go from ferment to keg and potentially miss the cold crash?

Hi Micky,

It wouldn't prompt you to dry hop just using the ale program on the droid. To make it happen though, you could use a custom brew with propagate 21C, ferment 17C Keg 18C store 4C and when prompted choose dry hop.

Any reason you haven't connected the second droid to your app though?

G'day Rob,

Perfect, thank you. Was trying to find what the Ale settings were to do a custom.

Had issues registering it to my profile. It's showing the globe, so it's connected to the server, but it won't register. I've been meaning to call support about it for a while. It's a second hand one, so might still be registered to someone else.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MickyBlueEyes said:

G'day Rob,

Perfect, thank you. Was trying to find what the Ale settings were to do a custom.

Had issues registering it to my profile. It's showing the globe, so it's connected to the server, but it won't register. I've been meaning to call support about it for a while. It's a second hand one, so might still be registered to someone else.

Yeah might be, even if you send Brewart an email and a time when you are usually able to take a call, even if you know a day off is coming, they'll talk you through it 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Hi Micky,

It wouldn't prompt you to dry hop just using the ale program on the droid. To make it happen though, you could use a custom brew with propagate 21C, ferment 17C Keg 18C store 4C and when prompted choose dry hop.

Any reason you haven't connected the second droid to your app though?

Just restarted the program after 24 hours. It had begun fermenting so started it as above but with propagation on 17 too.