Water quality

Esquibeerman

On 10/10/2023 at 6:08 PM, Carl Massey said:

What are people's experiences with water quality.

I am thinking of using purified water, due to my tap water being inner city sourced.

Has water quality made a difference to any of you?

The Cap was big on a purifier but I don't. I do live rural though and my water quality is pretty good ( you always get from friends or relatives commenting on how good the water is) but if I lived city and given I'd probably outlayed some decent money setting up my Brewart, I'd go the next step and get a purified water in the house.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 2:38 AM, Carl Massey said:

What are people's experiences with water quality.

I am thinking of using purified water, due to my tap water being inner city sourced.

Has water quality made a difference to any of you?

I'm out in the country and my house water supply is fed by a natural artesian well, so my water quality has never been an issue.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I thought I'd just add the the conversation. I too am curious about water quality. Have only used basic tap water out of the laundry, so have no point of comparison to refer to, negative or positive. Has anyone tried and compared basic home water vs. bottled water vs. any form of homebrew water treatment? I know typically might be slightly more relevant for anyone doing hazies or neipa styles, but interested to hear people's thoughts on the subject. Cheers

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sam Armstrong said:

Hi all, I thought I'd just add the the conversation. I too am curious about water quality. Have only used basic tap water out of the laundry, so have no point of comparison to refer to, negative or positive. Has anyone tried and compared basic home water vs. bottled water vs. any form of homebrew water treatment? I know typically might be slightly more relevant for anyone doing hazies or neipa styles, but interested to hear people's thoughts on the subject. Cheers

My water isn't too bad, have tried purified and boxed water, haven't noticed a huge difference. If I was using bore water I'd probably make the switch to something better though. 

• 2 months later...

I'm in the country and I'm on rainwater, I run it through a carbon filter as well.

My mate down in Adelaide uses tap water. During a side by side taste test (Pacific ale) there is a noticeable difference in favour of the rainwater brew.

423422765_1060430761924411_3807110038823619094_n.jpg