Aztec Cerveza - adding Dry Hops

3 hours ago, Esquibeerman said:

Seen a few historical posts with people adding Dry Hops at the end of the brew for the Aztec print.

What are everyone's current recommendations for what type and how much to add to this brew at the end of fermentation?

I had a mate brew this (because he knows I am not a fan of it and wanted to annoy me*) and he hopped it with Motueka hops, that gave it a bit of a lemon citrus taste to it so you didn't have to just pour it down the sink I mean put a slice of lemon in it. Motueka hops are a NZ hop so should be easy to source in Aus, if in America try US Saaz as a substitute (Nope, can get Motueka on Amazon US). I have to admit, it was the best Corona I have tried, so maybe consider that one.

* It is just me, lots of people love this beer and I get it on a really hot day, just not my beer...and hey, there are tons I like that people probably go "JFC, how can he stomach that crap" :) so all swings and roundabouts...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

I had a mate brew this (because he knows I am not a fan of it and wanted to annoy me*) and he hopped it with Motueka hops, that gave it a bit of a lemon citrus taste to it so you didn't have to just pour it down the sink I mean put a slice of lemon in it. Motueka hops are a NZ hop so should be easy to source in Aus, if in America try US Saaz as a substitute (Nope, can get Motueka on Amazon US). I have to admit, it was the best Corona I have tried, so maybe consider that one.

* It is just me, lots of people love this beer and I get it on a really hot day, just not my beer...and hey, there are tons I like that people probably go "JFC, how can he stomach that crap" :) so all swings and roundabouts...

Haha, I feel a certain apathy for this print mate 😉

How much total dry hop in g do you reckon? I am in the mood to play, within reason.

54 minutes ago, Esquibeerman said:

Haha, I feel a certain apathy for this print mate 😉

How much total dry hop in g do you reckon? I am in the mood to play, within reason.

Lager, I'd probably go 20-25gms first time, most go alright at that amount. I have done more than that in lagers up to 50 but find 25 goes fine

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Esquibeerman said:

So it's hit the Keg zone. Do I add the hops now and let it move to the Store zone on its own in 2 days to cold crash it?

Yeah, when it has reached ready to keg, I'll chuck the hops in and sometimes wait til just before it goes to storage and bottle it...sometimes I am really lazy and just don't get to it for 5 days. I don't feel there is much benefit from leaving it in with hops for more than two days but...that is for you to muck around with, anyways, hops in :) 

• Like 1