Leaking tap

Michael Brewblé

On 29/10/2023 at 6:29 PM, Michael Brewblé said:

Recently my Brewflo has started leaking (dripping) from the tap when connected to a keg. I’ve tried lubing up the tap mechanism but it just doesn’t seem to be quite adequately pinching off the beer line any more. Anyone seen this before, and fixed it?

No I haven't, have you reached out to the team via email

Hi all,

Thought I'd reach out to the wisdom of the community for this one.

This year I've been getting leaks in my Beerdroid tap - the first was in ~April, the second this week just gone. It seems that the leaks have been caused by a split in the internal rubber of the tap, along one of the fold lines created when the tap is turned on or off (see pictures - one from today and one from April). I notified Brewart about this when it first occurred in April, and they were great and promptly replaced the tap. I've also just this evening told them about the latest leak. Btw, I got through about 10 brews after the tap was replaced before noticing the latest leak. Each time I've been sanitising the equipment with StellarSan Sanitizer, diluted as per the instructions.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Is there something that I'm possibly doing/not doing that is causing this or at least contributing to it?

All thoughts welcome.

With Christmas just 6 weeks away, I'm rather keen to get a few more kegs underway, as I'm sure you can all appreciate 🙂

Many thanks, and happy brewing!

Droidtapsplit13_11_2023.thumb.jpg.84afb719780e4a5aa321aebd5ccd2430.jpgApril2023tappic2.thumb.jpg.34e909ae5f9d1829c923610c1a775b89.jpg

23 hours ago, R2-Bier2 said:

Hi all,

Thought I'd reach out to the wisdom of the community for this one.

This year I've been getting leaks in my Beerdroid tap - the first was in ~April, the second this week just gone. It seems that the leaks have been caused by a split in the internal rubber of the tap, along one of the fold lines created when the tap is turned on or off (see pictures - one from today and one from April). I notified Brewart about this when it first occurred in April, and they were great and promptly replaced the tap. I've also just this evening told them about the latest leak. Btw, I got through about 10 brews after the tap was replaced before noticing the latest leak. Each time I've been sanitising the equipment with StellarSan Sanitizer, diluted as per the instructions.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Is there something that I'm possibly doing/not doing that is causing this or at least contributing to it?

All thoughts welcome.

With Christmas just 6 weeks away, I'm rather keen to get a few more kegs underway, as I'm sure you can all appreciate 🙂

Many thanks, and happy brewing!

Droidtapsplit13_11_2023.thumb.jpg.84afb719780e4a5aa321aebd5ccd2430.jpgApril2023tappic2.thumb.jpg.34e909ae5f9d1829c923610c1a775b89.jpg

I'd hate to say it but it just looks like bad luck than anything else. It definitely won't be because you're cleaning or sanitising. That is bad luck or you are cleaning it with a steak knife...so lets just say its bad luck. Absolutely nothing you are doing 

On 14/11/2023 at 7:19 PM, Rob Courtney said:

I'd hate to say it but it just looks like bad luck than anything else. It definitely won't be because you're cleaning or sanitising. That is bad luck or you are cleaning it with a steak knife...so lets just say its bad luck. Absolutely nothing you are doing 

Many thanks Rob.

I suspected as much but thought I'd just check with the community of this had occurred elsewhere. I've contacted Brewart and they kindly replaced it very quickly. They also didn't identify anything odd about my cleaning process. I'll chalk this up to bad luck. Very happy with the tech support at Brewart btw.

Happy brewing everyone!

• Upvote 2

On 21/11/2023 at 1:35 PM, R2-Bier2 said:

Many thanks Rob.

I suspected as much but thought I'd just check with the community of this had occurred elsewhere. I've contacted Brewart and they kindly replaced it very quickly. They also didn't identify anything odd about my cleaning process. I'll chalk this up to bad luck. Very happy with the tech support at Brewart btw.

Happy brewing everyone!

All good mate