New Brewprint Australian Lager

Rob Courtney

Saw this at the shops in the last few weeks and on tap, Australian Lager, not to be confused with the already released Australian Premium Lager or the soon to be released "Aussie Lager Mate".

This one is a little lower in alcohol at 4.5% and is dry hopped with Galaxy. On the Coopers homebrewing site they have this brewed with Galaxy and Lemondrops. I'll get around to putting this on tomorrow and seeing how it turns out.

image.thumb.png.cb18db792703a5588791f24b895439d0.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rob Courtney said:

I may have had 53 beers today as it is the staff Xmas party, I have come home on the back of a McDonalds cheeseburger...but I had one of these in the fridge. 2 and a bit weeks in, not too shabby but it is 1 am in the morning so maybe the next one is a better example.

Not bad though

G'night Rob. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just added this BrewPrint (Australian Lager) to my spreadsheet for optimizing orders.  The file is: BrewArt_Order_Guide_03.xlsx

If you do not already have this spreadsheet, just use the attached file.  You will need to edit column B to reflect your own inventory.  Also, column C is in USA prices for the ingredients.

If you already have the spreadsheet and do not wish to retype your inventory, you can use the following edits to include Australian Lager:

Clear a partial blank line on row 5:
1.    Select Cells F5 thru AS5
Click Insert on the Home menu

Copy cell F4 into F5

Copy cells AA4 thru AS4.
Then paste into Cells AA5 thru AS5.

Edit cells H5 thru Z5 for the ingredients of Australian Lager; i.e., E5, X1*3, Y7.

Of course, add the BrewPrint name to cell G5.

Note that this BrewPrint calls for dry hopping with D7 (Galaxy) which I do not include in the spreadsheet.

Happy brewing. 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

OK, as a heads up I reckon this drinks best in the 4-6 week period, not bad afterward but an absolute beaut in that age.

Matter of fact, I just had my first batch of this "come of age" 4 days ago, so Bride and I cracked a couple last night. We will proceed with the intent to let a bunch make it to Rob's suggested 4-6 weeks, but I seriously can't make any promises. We have officially added this to the short list of frequent repeaters. Very. Nice. Beer.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Steve Gyldenvand said:

Matter of fact, I just had my first batch of this "come of age" 4 days ago, so Bride and I cracked a couple last night. We will proceed with the intent to let a bunch make it to Rob's suggested 4-6 weeks, but I seriously can't make any promises. We have officially added this to the short list of frequent repeaters. Very. Nice. Beer.

On the good news front, may have been a bit hasty on calling the end of this beer, very good tonight and this must be 10 weeks now.

Happy to see you like this because I was very surprised on how good it was 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...