Caloric Content of Brewprints and/or Ingredients?

Steve Gyldenvand

Hi all. I've recently embarked on a personal mission to improve my general health and fitness. I retired a year ago and now have the time and resources to really make the most of my retirement years, but after about 6 months of indulging my every whim, I realized that I was on a sure track to wrecking my health. So, I have successfully turned things around in the last few months, stepping up my exercise and altering the way I eat and, to a small extent, drink.

Fortunately, my new agenda includes regularly enjoying the results of my continual Droiding. Now, I try to be aware of my daily caloric intake, and I generally assume about 150-200 calories per beer consumed, but I've been wondering how close I've been guessing.  I did a quick search here and can't find any mention of the caloric content of the various Brewart Brewprints or Ingredients. Does anyone have any data about what, for example, a single E1 or X5 adds to the calories of any given 10L batch? It would be enlightening to know.

And by the way, it's been a loss of 31 pounds in 12 weeks. (Not to brag, but...well, yeah, to brag.)

• Upvote 1

On 22/11/2023 at 11:53 AM, Steve Gyldenvand said:

Hi all. I've recently embarked on a personal mission to improve my general health and fitness. I retired a year ago and now have the time and resources to really make the most of my retirement years, but after about 6 months of indulging my every whim, I realized that I was on a sure track to wrecking my health. So, I have successfully turned things around in the last few months, stepping up my exercise and altering the way I eat and, to a small extent, drink.

Fortunately, my new agenda includes regularly enjoying the results of my continual Droiding. Now, I try to be aware of my daily caloric intake, and I generally assume about 150-200 calories per beer consumed, but I've been wondering how close I've been guessing.  I did a quick search here and can't find any mention of the caloric content of the various Brewart Brewprints or Ingredients. Does anyone have any data about what, for example, a single E1 or X5 adds to the calories of any given 10L batch? It would be enlightening to know.

And by the way, it's been a loss of 31 pounds in 12 weeks. (Not to brag, but...well, yeah, to brag.)

A really good question and I would like to know as well.

How I've been trying to get the calorie or KJ content for my beers is to chose a commercial beer that I think is close in terms of style and ABV and go from there but obviously open to a large margin of error.

• Upvote 1