Year-End Milestone Reached

Steve Gyldenvand

Hi All. As I've mentioned before, I received my Beerdroid for Christmas last year, and embarked on my home-brewing adventure on December 30. Well, it's been a pretty busy year, and the 'droid has been in continuous operation every single day. My brewing routine involves bottling, cleaning and sanitizing, and immediately initiating the next batch, without skipping a beat, and has resulted in 35 bottled batches of beer so far. In terms of actual bottle count, what that means is that I just capped my 1000th bottle. 

It's been an amazing year, and I'd like to thank everyone here who has shared their expertise, wisdom, and humor along the way, as well as tolerating my input. I wish you all a happy holiday season, and look forward to another great year.

Slainte!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Congratulations on your Beer making birthday coming up.  1000 bottles / 35 batches sounds crazy to me right now.  Having said that, I've completed 2 so far, and other than the pre bottling/kegging taste I haven't really had a good go at any of mine yet!

So, I'd like to request a small quiz of your experiences over the last year if you would like to share.

1. Best brewprint?
  2. Do you find a big difference between commercial beers and your own now?
  3. Biggest lesson along the way?
  4. Best advice received?

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Steve Gyldenvand said:

Hi All. As I've mentioned before, I received my Beerdroid for Christmas last year, and embarked on my home-brewing adventure on December 30. Well, it's been a pretty busy year, and the 'droid has been in continuous operation every single day. My brewing routine involves bottling, cleaning and sanitizing, and immediately initiating the next batch, without skipping a beat, and has resulted in 35 bottled batches of beer so far. In terms of actual bottle count, what that means is that I just capped my 1000th bottle. 

It's been an amazing year, and I'd like to thank everyone here who has shared their expertise, wisdom, and humor along the way, as well as tolerating my input. I wish you all a happy holiday season, and look forward to another great year.

Slainte!

Good stuff.

Think you have shared some amazing insights, info and photos over the 12 months and of course stories of pizza and beer

• Like 1

On 06/12/2023 at 3:35 AM, Mike A said:
  1. Best brewprint?
  2. Do you find a big difference between commercial beers and your own now?
  3. Biggest lesson along the way?
  4. Best advice received?

Thanks, Mike. Very good questions.

1. My favorite brewprint has got to be the Belgian Strong; it's just a style that I've become very fond of. That said, for session quaffing, wife and I have become surprisingly fond of the Birra Italiano.

2. Nope. We actually had a great comparison opportunity recently. I had a batch of the aforementioned Birra Italiano hit about 3 weeks, and I took a couple bottles to Rio Lobo, a local brewery/winery/pizza-heaven, where they had a very fine commercial Italian pilsner on guest-tap (can't for the life of me recall the brand right now.) After a number of us compared the two, the consensus was that the brewprint was just a little bit better.

3. Biggest lesson is easy: don't hesitate to experiment.

4. Two-fold: First; don't hesitate to ask the community, everyone here has been very kind and generous with their expertise. Second; sanitize, sanitize, sanitize.

I get the feeling you have just embarked on a wonderful journey her with us, Mike. So, once again, welcome aboard, and have a very Merry Christmas!

Slainte!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2