I turned the tap a little while the beerdroid was running

I know this may seem dumb. I noticed the tap was not straight and I just simply straightened it a bit. I hardly moved it. 

Anyway, now I see moisture around the tap. Is this a sign that I may have ruined this brew? Like, I may have allowed oxygen in?

20240106_171204.jpg

8 minutes ago, Nick Seymour said:

I know this may seem dumb. I noticed the tap was not straight and I just simply straightened it a bit. I hardly moved it. 

Anyway, now I see moisture around the tap. Is this a sign that I may have ruined this brew? Like, I may have allowed oxygen in?

20240106_171204.jpg

Don't stress, you haven't done anything wrong or ruined the brew. Letting oxygen into the brew happens when you regularly open the lid for a look-see but isn't an issue to open, chuck dry hops in and then shut again. Condensation is more likely due to warmer air hitting the cooler metal of the tap, not  from you rearranging the tap

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for telling me that. 

That's a huge relief. I was stressing as I did it on 2 beerdroids meaning I would have ruined 2 brews lol.

I recently purchased 3 beerdroids. It would be a huge bummer if all 3 brews fail. It's my first time so I won't be surprised if I did make some mistake in the process.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Nick Seymour said:

Thanks for telling me that. 

That's a huge relief. I was stressing as I did it on 2 beerdroids meaning I would have ruined 2 brews lol.

I recently purchased 3 beerdroids. It would be a huge bummer if all 3 brews fail. It's my first time so I won't be surprised if I did make some mistake in the process.

Cool, three droids will keep you in beer.

There will be an occasion where you will stuff a brew up, it will just happen, nobody's perfect. Just always take your time, make sure everything is clean and sanitised and you will reap the rewards.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Cleaning and sanitizing is the key for brewing success. Always remove lid seal, bung, disassemble tap when cleaning. I also apply a smear of food grade lubricant to all those components prior to assembly. Lubing the lid seal really helps when you need to remove the lid.

2 x 28g/1oz Haynes Lubri-Film Plus Food Grade Lubricant - Daily Dispatch Aust

Edited by Eltham Brauhaus
  • Upvote 2

On 07/01/2024 at 10:35 AM, Eltham Brauhaus said:

Cleaning and sanitizing is the key for brewing success. Always remove lid seal, bung, disassemble tap when cleaning. I also apply a smear of food grade lubricant to all those components prior to assembly. Lubing the lid seal really helps when you need to remove the lid.

2 x 28g/1oz Haynes Lubri-Film Plus Food Grade Lubricant - Daily Dispatch Aust

Good idea

• Upvote 1