Life expectancy of a beerdroid

Nothing last forever. On average, how long should one last before it starts to have problems? 

Has anyone owned the same once since the first year they came out? ...which I believe was 2016 or so. 

I purchased 3 beerdroids less than a month ago and one is already being dodgy. The compressor is playing up. I know I may have a faulty one but I am guessing the compressor would be one of the first things to fail. 

The compressors are very reliable, more so than your fridge in your house because they are not running as often. If you have a problem with a Droid Brewart will look after you, Liam is great at what he does.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nick Seymour said:

Nothing last forever. On average, how long should one last before it starts to have problems? 

Has anyone owned the same once since the first year they came out? ...which I believe was 2016 or so. 

I purchased 3 beerdroids less than a month ago and one is already being dodgy. The compressor is playing up. I know I may have a faulty one but I am guessing the compressor would be one of the first things to fail. 

I bought my first one new 6 years ago and the other one second hand a year after that, never missed a beat

Posted (edited)

Rob, that's interesting to know. What I've been thinking too, the less you move them, the better. I'm thinking about ways of cleaning and sanitising the droids without having to move them at all. 

I attached a picture to this message of how I have my 3 droids set up. I think the best way is to clean and sanitise them while keeping them where they are and then use 10L spring water from the supermarket and pour it in straight from the container. 

20240105_234640.jpg

Edited by Nick Seymour
  • Like 2

For what it's worth, with my limited space issues, I really have no choice but to move my droid to clean it. I just rinse it in place, then pick it up to carry across the kitchen to the sink for a deep cleaning, I have done this about 40 times in the last year, and have had no problems.