All have been great

Have my second brew bottled “ Ruby Porter “

have Belgium strong ale 1 week in the bottle.

how long before I crack the Belgium ?

also I think I like bottling since I will have multiple different brews and can choose a brew for the mood or guests . 
also the community has been great and thank you 

• Like 1

Any time after conditioning, but longer is better to a point.  General rule of thumb, 2 weeks for conditioning & 6 weeks after bottling for a decent mature point in most beers, depends on style however.

Review this post I started a little while back if interested in the subject:

2 hours ago, Frank Fico said:

have Belgium strong ale 1 week in the bottle.

Wow, Frank, I can really relate to your desire to get after this beer. I love the Belgian Strong. To be completely honest, I can't recommend cracking a sample of this one for at least another 3 weeks. That said, please give it one more week, minimum, and then just a single bottle, because it's your first and you need to give it a try.  After that...wait. It will be okay at 6 weeks, and it will be very, very good a 8 weeks. It'll be amazing at 12 weeks. And at 16 weeks....it's worth the wait.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Frank Fico said:

I am so impressed with this system , opened my 1st Belgium strong ale after 2 weeks bottling and tastes not just like beer but beer I can be proud to serve friends and get great reviews 

Glad to hear it, Frank, and it's just going to keep getting better. I had a Belgium Strong last night from an October 27 bottling, and yeah, it's just. So. Good. I try to brew up a batch of this one every few months. It ages so well, that it needs long-term planning.

Slainte!

16 hours ago, Frank Fico said:

Also expected more of a head , it was cool in my house and not always 65 -70 sitting in carbonation tablets. Used 2 in 750 bottles. Should I use more or was it tge temp?

Lots of things affect the expectation of head Frank, generally a wedding ring will put a dampener on it but all is not lost.

Definitely don't use more carb tabs, two is enough.

The glass itself does make an impact on the amount of head in the glass, if it is washed with detergent, it can affect the head. I always clean my glasses with hot water. I also like to use a glass at fridge temperature, it once again helps.

Lastly, are you using plastic bottles or glass? This was one of the things that made me move to glass bottles with crown seals, I used to find that the head was worse in plastic bottle pours.

I'd also wait to what @Steve Gyldenvand says but I don't remember my Belgian Ale being overly heady but I did make it in plastic bottles. 

Try a few different things though, including my suggestions, I used to have the same problem you did when I first started

1 hour ago, Rob Courtney said:

I'd also wait to what @Steve Gyldenvand says but I don't remember my Belgian Ale being overly heady but I did make it in plastic bottles. 

I use glass bottles with crown caps and they have held carbonation well, but as Rob said, it's just not a terribly heady beer to start with. As for your storage question, my long-term storage is in the basement of our old Wisconsin farmhouse, where temps run as warm as 65-70F (18-20C) in summer and as cold as 45-50F (7-10C) in winter. 

Just yesterday, Bride and I had an amazing (emphasis: AMAZING) Belgian Strong at a local brewery. Mouthfeel was excellent, with a moderate effervescence, and head was very typical of type, which to say, minimal. 

• Thanks 1