New Beerdroid brewer

Hi all,

I bought a Beerdroid from HN exactly two weeks ago today. I only bought the droid and not the flow. So on that Friday afternoon I set in motion the American Pale Ale that came with the droid. Went on a short holiday and came back on Monday night and it was ready to keg. Tasted it on Tuesday night - quite dark and very bitter. Bottled it that night with two carbonation drops per bottle. Hoping it tastes okay in a couple of weeks. My tap water is pretty bad so I'm thinking I may need to buy a ten litre carton of water for future brews?

I pressed the button to move from storage mode to keg mode but is it possible to do a cold crash kegging without having to go back to keg mode temp?

I tried and tried to connect the unit to my wifi but it just wouldn't work. That said my TV also won't connect any more so it's probably a modem problem more than the Beerdroid.

Currently have a Monarch Lager brewing which has been fermenting for one day. 

Anyone know how much power these units draw?

• Upvote 1

Hi Hugh, Mark here. When you have chilled your beer in the storage mode and want to keg, just pressure the keg mode then then the “tick” icon. Turn droid off and away you go. 

Looking at the graph as to temperature movement during Brewing I don’t think much power is used, sometimes the temp cycle takes near 4 hours and chilling back down is not very long. I’d say the most power used is the continual lighting of the screen. Should have on/off switch for this.

To connect to wifi, select method, read and follow very carefully. If you have problems ring or email BrewArt Tech, they are great and respond quickly.

Enjoy your brewing and let us know how you go.

Hey Mark, thanks for the reply. 

I’ve now got the droid hooked up. Like my TV it was having the same problems. Once I changed my router DNS settings it was up and running. 

That makes sense about the display. By far would be drawing the most power. 

Im now sipping an early draw of the American Pale Ale. 11 days in secondary. It’s okay. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...