droid won't connect to wifi

Howie Nesbitt

Hi,

My droid won't connect to the wifi or my app on my phone. I've tried restarting everything and deleting the droid from my app but now I can't reconnect it. When the list of home wifi networks come up when trying to connect it, my network isn't on it, yet when I go into my phones settings I can connect to the home wifi, it's very frustrating. And to make things worst I've got a brew sitting in the droid and I can't find what temps to set into the custom setting to get it started... few problems to work out still and my experience so far hasn't been the most user friendly. At the moment I feel like I've wasted my money.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Howie Nesbitt said:

Hi,

My droid won't connect to the wifi or my app on my phone. I've tried restarting everything and deleting the droid from my app but now I can't reconnect it. When the list of home wifi networks come up when trying to connect it, my network isn't on it, yet when I go into my phones settings I can connect to the home wifi, it's very frustrating. And to make things worst I've got a brew sitting in the droid and I can't find what temps to set into the custom setting to get it started... few problems to work out still and my experience so far hasn't been the most user friendly. At the moment I feel like I've wasted my money.

No you haven’t wasted your money, these units are brilliant. 

Have you had a look at the instructions in the user manual? You can down load it. I take it that your brew is just sitting in the unit and not brewing? 1) you can brew without wifi connection. When you turn the unit on it will look for a wifi connection and when found you see two symbols, the wifi one and a globe of the world. If using a phone you need to go into that and acknowledge the Beerdroid. 2) with out wifi when you turn the unit on the Ale mode should flash, if you want that then use the tick button, if you want Custom mode arrow down and tick button that then pout in propagation temp using arrows and then tick and so on. Don’t give up, it will all work out.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers Mark

12 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

No you haven’t wasted your money, these units are brilliant. 

Have you had a look at the instructions in the user manual? You can down load it. I take it that your brew is just sitting in the unit and not brewing? 1) you can brew without wifi connection. When you turn the unit on it will look for a wifi connection and when found you see two symbols, the wifi one and a globe of the world. If using a phone you need to go into that and acknowledge the Beerdroid. 2) with out wifi when you turn the unit on the Ale mode should flash, if you want that then use the tick button, if you want Custom mode arrow down and tick button that then pout in propagation temp using arrows and then tick and so on. Don’t give up, it will all work out.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers Mark

Here is the manual

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/netstorage/pdf/207350-BrewArt-BeerDroid-Beer-Brewer-Manual.pdf

On 22/05/2019 at 1:33 AM, Howie Nesbitt said:

Hi,

With the above 2 pieces of information how did you end up? Good to report as could help others.

Cheers Mark

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 30/12/2020 at 4:51 PM, Nigel Green said:

Enter beerdroid manual set up, connect too beerdroids wifi, ignore app. Open browser and enter the beerdroids IP address, found in setting on your wifi selection setting on mobile devices. Follow instructions in browser.

Thanks Nigel - was struggling with my set up, thankfully i found this thread!