500ml bottles

On 09/01/2021 at 2:35 PM, Captain 3 Droids said:

When bottling I used to break one roughly in half (or bits to make a rough half) and put in 1 and 1/2 tabs.

cheers

Captain, your use of the word 'bits' made me think - can I break this block of sugar  ("P") I received in my brewprint pack into 20 pieces and spread among the 500ml bottles I will be using?

I have tablets too, and I will likely use them this time (first time) except to experiment with a few bottles if you give me an encouraging reply. 

Otherwise, what do I do with the "P"? put it in my coffee?

PXL_20210115_132832722.jpg

7 hours ago, Commander Robo-Timo said:

Captain, your use of the word 'bits' made me think - can I break this block of sugar  ("P") I received in my brewprint pack into 20 pieces and spread among the 500ml bottles I will be using?

I have tablets too, and I will likely use them this time (first time) except to experiment with a few bottles if you give me an encouraging reply. 

Otherwise, what do I do with the "P"? put it in my coffee?

PXL_20210115_132832722.jpg

You certainly could use the primer blocks but you would need to work on weight. You should get 20 x 500ml bottles so you need to establish the weight of the 2 blocks and divide that by 20. Break them up to basically small pieces or a powder (dry sterilised food processor or cloth and hammer?) measure out the weight required for 1bottle (and note this amount on a sterilised dry teaspoon,) so you don’t have to weigh each one. Bit cumbersome but will work. 
You can dissolve the blocks in some boiled cook water and pour into the droid, but I don’t like this method as you would need to stir and you can’t ensure an even distribution.

Hope this help.

Ps you could collect a few block packs, put through a food processor and use like you would for general sugar, coffee etc

• Upvote 2