Temp static for 3D since connection lost

Kevin Dillard Mr

Good Afternoon, I saw a lot of posts about what to do if your droid loses its connection in the middle of a brew (the brew will finish & setup connection again afterwards).  However, for my situation, when my droid lost connection 3.5 days ago the temperature also stayed at exactly 62.6 and hasn’t had the typical minor fluctuations so I’m not sure how accurate it is.  The brew is at 5D 17H.  I tried to set a new temperature but it would not allow me to change it.  Any recommendations?  

Edited by Kevin Dillard Mr
Spelling

55 minutes ago, Kevin Dillard Mr said:

Good Afternoon, I saw a lot of posts about what to do if your droid loses its connection in the middle of a brew (the brew will finish & setup connection again afterwards).  However, for my situation, when my droid lost connection 3.5 days ago the temperature also stayed at exactly 62.6 and hasn’t had the typical minor fluctuations so I’m not sure how accurate it is.  The brew is at 5D 17H.  I tried to set a new temperature but it would not allow me to change it.  Any recommendations?  

Hi Kevin and a warm welcome to the forum. I take it the 62.6F is on the Droid screen. This won’t fluctuate as it is the recipe target temperature (equals 17C).

What are you brewing as will be able to give an approximate ready to keg time line.

Cheers

50 minutes ago, Kevin Dillard Mr said:

Thanks, and I’m brewing the Jolly Rancher Pale Ale.  The 62.6 is on the phone app and the temp on the droid screen also hasn’t changed.  

Haven’t done the Jolly Rancher so end of fermentation as per recipe prediction.

You state you’re lost connection so I take it you don’t have the temperature/cooling graph on your phone? If this is the case then the 6.6 is the target temp and won’t change until ready to keg where it will increase to the set keg temp. (18C).

2 minutes ago, Kevin Dillard Mr said:

Captain, your help is much appreciated!  I do have the temperature graph on my phone but it hasn’t changed since I lost connection.  I think I’ll just keep monitoring the droid as the typical brew time is 7-10 days and I’m just at 5 days.  Cheers!  Kev

Ha ha, it will stay the same as you are no longer connected but the 62.6 is your fermentation target temperature. You have no concerns, brewing correctly will continue, just keep an eye out on the droid screen for the “ready to keg”.

Cheers and let us know how this one taste etc when it’s ready. 
Ps questions input always welcome on this forum.

The droid panel did progress through the beer schedule, but the phone app never changed.  After the brew fully finished, the uncarbonated pale ale tasted just like the profile:  “layers of hops and assertive bitterness,” plus “ hints of citrus”. I opted to bottle this batch instead of force carbonating.  I’ll reconnect my droid tomorrow and start the next brew.  Cheers!  

• Thanks 1