Fitting Quality Rubber Seals to Swing Lid Bottles

I have approximately 200 swing top bottles of various sizes and have made a habit of replacing any of the old seals that look a bit worn. I recently bought a higher quality rubber seal with a small 6.35mm inner hole that is supposed to create a much more secure, airtight fit. Only problem I had was that I found them all but impossible to fit due to the smaller centre hole. Out of frustration, I contacted the seller here in Australia and he emailed a link to his video clip showing how the fit them relatively easily. The trick is to immobilize the ceramic lid as shown in the clip. Now no problems.

Edited by Eltham Brewing House
  • Thanks 2

On 07/07/2021 at 11:20 AM, Eltham Brewing House said:

I have approximately 200 swing top bottles of various sizes and have made a habit of replacing any of the old seals that look a bit worn. I recently bought a higher quality rubber seal with a small 6.35mm inner hole that is supposed to create a much more secure, airtight fit. Only problem I had was that I found them all but impossible to fit due to the smaller centre hole. Out of frustration, I contacted the seller here in Australia and he emailed a link to his video clip showing how the fit them relatively easily. The trick is to immobilize the ceramic lid as shown in the clip. Now no problems.

Brilliant. I am pretty lazy at changing seals on my old Grolsch bottles...in fact so lazy I may not have done it. Do you just get the seals off Ebay?

2 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Brilliant. I am pretty lazy at changing seals on my old Grolsch bottles...in fact so lazy I may not have done it. Do you just get the seals off Ebay?

Yes Rob. The ones I am using now have a small 6.53mm inner diameter hole. There are others you can buy with a larger hole that are easier to fit but I like the idea of a nice tight fit.

Seals for Grolsch, Water, Kombucha Swing Top Bottles x 50, EOFY SALE 15% OFF | eBay

Edited by Eltham Brewing House
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...