Light coloured Belgian Strong Ale

I have just bottled my second batch of Belgian Strong Ale and I notice that the recent batch is a good deal lighter in colour compared to my original brew that I did 4 moths ago. The brew smells and tastes ok, its just the light colour. When I started my recent brew I loaded the droid with the yeast first then loaded one of the X1 or the X5 (I can't remember which) instead of starting with the E5. I notice that the X1 or X5 fell straight through the floating yeast and I thought that was a bit odd. I then loaded all the E5 product and then the remainder of the X products. EOF occurred at end of day 3.

Could loading one of the X bags before the E bags cause the lighter colour or will the lighter colour go darker with 2 weeks secondary and a few months of storage??

Edited by Eltham Brewing House

I have checked the Schem sheet and have noticed that the Belgian Strong Ale has the same colour rating as the Belgian Lager (11) so I m thinking the Belgian Strong Ale just gets darker with age. The Bewart 101 video on starting a brew does not say anything about the order of adding the E before X or visa versa.

7 hours ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

I have checked the Schem sheet and have noticed that the Belgian Strong Ale has the same colour rating as the Belgian Lager (11) so I m thinking the Belgian Strong Ale just gets darker with age. The Bewart 101 video on starting a brew does not say anything about the order of adding the E before X or visa versa.

Except for the yeast the order does not matter. I note you stated EOF  at the end of 3 days. This does not seem right. The recipe suggests 9 to 12 days.