Belgian Strong Ale & Belgian Lager - memories of Ypres

Eltham Brauhaus

This afternoon while watching the Bombers kick the shit out of the Magpies I had a few Belgian Strong Ales (16 weeks) & Belgian lagers (12 weeks), both magnificent. It took me back to a late night I had in Ypres, Belgian during a tour of the WW1 battle fields with like minded Vietnam Veterans a few years ago. To many high ABV Belgian brews in great company and suffered the next day but was worth it. Its true that taste and smell can evoke memories, both good & bad.

Edited by Eltham Brewing House
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

This afternoon while watching the Bombers kick the shit out of the Magpies I had a few Belgian Strong Ales (16 weeks) & Belgian lagers (12 weeks), both magnificent. It took me back to a late night I had in Ypres, Belgian during a tour of the WW1 battle fields with like minded Vietnam Veterans a few years ago. To many high ABV Belgian brews in great company and suffered the next day but was worth it. Its true that taste and smell can evoke memories, both good & bad.

I can't go anywhere near a xxxx as it reminds me of the Jungle Training Course at Canungra, QLD many years ago. Throwing up on parade at 5.00 am before a 10 km run isn't good a good memory.🤮

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...