Newbie Questions

Hi all-

If we want to bottle, how many bottles do we need for one Brewprint?  Also, if we are bottling do we order the drops instead of the liquid “P” packets that came with the Brewprint?  I was expecting directions or the app to walk me through, but that piece seems lacking. Thanks for any help you can give!

34 minutes ago, Deven said:

Hi all-

If we want to bottle, how many bottles do we need for one Brewprint?  Also, if we are bottling do we order the drops instead of the liquid “P” packets that came with the Brewprint?  I was expecting directions or the app to walk me through, but that piece seems lacking. Thanks for any help you can give!

Hi Devon and welcome to the forum. You will need 13 large bottles 750ml or the PET bottles. For the carbonation use the drops, 2 per large bottle.

What styles of beer do you enjoy and plan to brew?

Just now, Captain 3 Droids said:

Hi Devon and welcome to the forum. You will need 13 large bottles 750ml or the PET bottles. For the carbonation use the drops, 2 per large bottle.

What styles of beer do you enjoy and plan to brew?

Thank you!  We are brewing the American Pale Ale. Do you know if we can use standard beer bottles or if they make smaller ones?

23 minutes ago, Deven said:

Thank you!  We are brewing the American Pale Ale. Do you know if we can use standard beer bottles or if they make smaller ones?

You can use smaller bottles, 375ml for example but with any glass bottle (other than the swing top types, you’ll need crown seals and a bottle capper. The PET bottles as per Coopers and BrewArt come with screw on caps. These are a good option to start with until you get your confident with brewing. (If you drop them they don’t smash but more importantly due to any over carbonation or infection you won’t have the dangerous bottle bombs you can have with glass.)

• Upvote 1