Noisy Beerdroid

Anthony Dalton

Hey all,

Forgive my ignorance. I am Utilising my newly acquired beerdroid for the first time. Keep it in the study next to the bedroom. It was extremely quiet throughout the initial twelve hours, but scared the hell out me in the middle of the night when it switched to the cooling phase, at the start of fermentation. Nothing really untoward just an incessant drone and hum, which it kept up for about an hour. I am hoping this is normal, there was no real mention of it on the instruction videos.

1 hour ago, Anthony Dalton said:

Hey all,

Forgive my ignorance. I am Utilising my newly acquired beerdroid for the first time. Keep it in the study next to the bedroom. It was extremely quiet throughout the initial twelve hours, but scared the hell out me in the middle of the night when it switched to the cooling phase, at the start of fermentation. Nothing really untoward just an incessant drone and hum, which it kept up for about an hour. I am hoping this is normal, there was no real mention of it on the instruction videos.

Hi Anthony and welcome to the forum. Yes they are quite noisy when cooling especially at night. The cooling is by a compressor like a fridge but as the units are small and not much between it and the outside wall you can certainly hear it running.

What are you brewing and your likes?

Cheers.

Hi Captain,

Thanks for the welcome. I am brewing the American Pale Ale, and have ordered the Lighthouse Pacific Ale for my next batch.  Stone and Wood, Beechworth Pale Ale and Little Creatures are what i generally drink. I like dark ales as well, so will be having a go at the Ruby Porter at some stage. If all goes well I can certainly see myself acquiring another droid in the near future, as my consumption will certainly (at this stage) be greater than what I produce.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Anthony Dalton said:

Hi Captain,

Thanks for the welcome. I am brewing the American Pale Ale, and have ordered the Lighthouse Pacific Ale for my next batch.  Stone and Wood, Beechworth Pale Ale and Little Creatures are what i generally drink. I like dark ales as well, so will be having a go at the Ruby Porter at some stage. If all goes well I can certainly see myself acquiring another droid in the near future, as my consumption will certainly (at this stage) be greater than what I produce.

Cheers!

The BrewArt clone recipe for Stone and Wood are ingredients:-

2 x E1; 2 x E5; X1; Y2 (yeast); and Dry Hop with 2 x H6 (liquid hops or 2 x D7. 

It’s a top drop.

• Upvote 1

I am only three days into my first brew, thus far I have purchased two complete BrewPrints, but am happy to purchase just individual ingredients. I have been checking out the range of hop pellets at my local home brewing store, and am amazed at the varieties available. It's just baby steps at the moment, but once I have sussed it all out a bit more, and become confident with what I am doing, I reckon I will be experimenting no end.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Anthony Dalton said:

I am only three days into my first brew, thus far I have purchased two complete BrewPrints, but am happy to purchase just individual ingredients. I have been checking out the range of hop pellets at my local home brewing store, and am amazed at the varieties available. It's just baby steps at the moment, but once I have sussed it all out a bit more, and become confident with what I am doing, I reckon I will be experimenting no end.

It works out much cheaper buying the individual ingredients for BrewPrints from BrewArt instead of their packaged Brewprints.

• Upvote 3