Barrel Aged Flanders Red

This is the first taste of my 1 year old Flanders Red. The idea is that you inoculate the first batch of wort the after a time you bottle a portion, brew a smaller amount next time and add it to the maturing brew. Since I've sold all of my all grain equipment, this will be something I'll be looking to continue from about March next year when I bottle next year's Christmas batch.

Cheers 

20211210_132423.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hambone said:

This is the first taste of my 1 year old Flanders Red. The idea is that you inoculate the first batch of wort the after a time you bottle a portion, brew a smaller amount next time and add it to the maturing brew. Since I've sold all of my all grain equipment, this will be something I'll be looking to continue from about March next year when I bottle next year's Christmas batch.

Cheers 

20211210_132423.jpg

Can you give me more detail on this, exactly what are you doing?

Sounds really interesting

• Upvote 1

Here is the all grain recipe and the difference is in the yeast. I don't have a barrel so I just use a normal fermenter. Once the Roselare yeast is in there, that's it you can't use is for anything else. You bottle half every 12 months or 6 months or whatever. Then top up with fresh wort. Because it's your brew in your environment or ecosystem it becomes like no other. Then you let it age in the bottle for as long as you can. Bottles from last Christmas are ready this Christmas etc. 

Screenshot_20211211-070419_Brewfather.jpg

• Thanks 1