Czech Pilsner an impressive drop

Hey all,

Have cracked a keg of the Czech Pilsner this evening as I watch the Swans and Tigers go at it. 
These lager type brews really are an acquired taste. I had a couple of mouthful’s of my first pint, and thought to myself meh! However after that, the subtle flavours and nuanced styling of the brew became apparent. I love the ales because they just are so full of flavour, however the flavour is existent in this particular drop, and uniquely so; it’s just that it is not belting you around the head. 
I don’t know if there are any red wine drinkers out there, but for me it’s like drinking a ballsy Cabernet Sauvignon for all your life, then suddenly being challenged by that incredibly understated Pinot Noir. That is what this Czech Pilsner is. 
I would normally knock over both kegs across the course of a normal weekend, however I have my daughter’s in laws coming from overseas in the next couple of weeks so I reckon I’ll save the other keg till then.

Cheers!

Anthony

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Anthony Dalton said:

Hey all,

Have cracked a keg of the Czech Pilsner this evening as I watch the Swans and Tigers go at it. 
These lager type brews really are an acquired taste. I had a couple of mouthful’s of my first pint, and thought to myself meh! However after that, the subtle flavours and nuanced styling of the brew became apparent. I love the ales because they just are so full of flavour, however the flavour is existent in this particular drop, and uniquely so; it’s just that it is not belting you around the head. 
I don’t know if there are any red wine drinkers out there, but for me it’s like drinking a ballsy Cabernet Sauvignon for all your life, then suddenly being challenged by that incredibly understated Pinot Noir. That is what this Czech Pilsner is. 
I would normally knock over both kegs across the course of a normal weekend, however I have my daughter’s in laws coming from overseas in the next couple of weeks so I reckon I’ll save the other keg till then.

Cheers!

Anthony

Yep

How many weeks is it sitting at?

Hey Rob, 

I am still a bit of a novice, but in the last couple of months have started to mess around with the hop choices I enjoy. I am a bit reticent to talk any of it up. I regularly do a Top End Crisp lager, it’s a mid strength drop, not my style; however my mates thrive on it. Last brew I dry hopped it with the Mosaic hops times two. I swear to God the boys were beside themselves.  
Ultimately I am attempting to find the brew that works for me. The Rapid River Ale is miles ahead (flavour wise) of anything I have tried, however at 7.5%, I can have only a couple of pints and sadly it’s ‘good night nurse’. 
As my understanding of brewing develops, so will my willingness to mix things up.

Cheers!

• Like 1