Liquid hops addition

I have a few brewprints on the shelf that have liquid hops. I am kegging directly into a 10L stainless keg which in the case of the light lagers I normally just carbonate immediately and start drinking within a day or two.

How does the addition of liquid hops change this? From what I've read the option is to put it in the keg before adding the beer or dropping into the droid after eof and leaving for 1-2 days before kegging. Is this correct? Are there any pros and cons to either approach?

29 minutes ago, Wolf said:

I have a few brewprints on the shelf that have liquid hops. I am kegging directly into a 10L stainless keg which in the case of the light lagers I normally just carbonate immediately and start drinking within a day or two.

How does the addition of liquid hops change this? From what I've read the option is to put it in the keg before adding the beer or dropping into the droid after eof and leaving for 1-2 days before kegging. Is this correct? Are there any pros and cons to either approach?

Put straight into your keg then add the beer, this will mix it nicely and will impart flavour fairly quickly. Adding to the droid is for bottling and needs to stay a few days to infuse as you can’t stir it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey everyone. Totally new to brewing. After 5mths on back order I’m excited to say My first brew (American Ale) is ready for kegging. I’m wanting to transfer via a closed system using the Ikegger kit. From what I’ve read/you tubed(Ikegger demo), I’m thinking of washing keg and purging the wash water with co2. Then adding liquid hops to droid immediately before transfer to keg. But doesn’t opening the lid on the droid expose the brew to 02?

Thoughts on this process?

Thanks

Liam

8 hours ago, Liquid Gold said:

Hey everyone. Totally new to brewing. After 5mths on back order I’m excited to say My first brew (American Ale) is ready for kegging. I’m wanting to transfer via a closed system using the Ikegger kit. From what I’ve read/you tubed(Ikegger demo), I’m thinking of washing keg and purging the wash water with co2. Then adding liquid hops to droid immediately before transfer to keg. But doesn’t opening the lid on the droid expose the brew to 02?

Thanks

Liam

Welcome Liam, the time that the lid will be open will have no o2 issues. Just add the liquid hops, don’t stir.

Thanks

Liam