Hi guys,

hope you’re all well!

I bought an FWK, with the hope to do half and half.

have completed one half, gone to do the second and somehow my fridge has frozen partial of the second half of the wort…

is there anyway to fix this, or will I just need to wait it out until it defrosts?

1 hour ago, T D said:

Hi guys,

hope you’re all well!

I bought an FWK, with the hope to do half and half.

have completed one half, gone to do the second and somehow my fridge has frozen partial of the second half of the wort…

is there anyway to fix this, or will I just need to wait it out until it defrosts?

You could wait until it thaws however that’s leaving it open to oxygen. I’d put it in the droid and set the program (letting the Droid bring it to propagation temp) without adding the yeast. Once the wort is up to temperature add yeast and away you go.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

You could wait until it thaws however that’s leaving it open to oxygen. I’d put it in the droid and set the program (letting the Droid bring it to propagation temp) without adding the yeast. Once the wort is up to temperature add yeast and away you go.

I did consider that, but was concerned with handling the big chunk of frozen wort to get it into the droid.

ended up giving it a defrost in the sink which seemed to work quite quickly, in the droid now so hopefully it will still work 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1