Coopers home brew

Jarrd

15 hours ago, Jarrd said:

Hi fellas,  Brewed a few batches of beers using brewart ingredients,  got a mate who wants me to brew one from Bigw  Coopers aswell 
https://www.bigw.com.au/product/coopers-home-brew-dark-ale-beer-kit-1-7kg/p/31064

Does anyone know if its possible to use the brewart and whats the steps to making it   dummy guide really xD

Cheers fellas 

Dissolve 1/2 of the tin in a couple of litres of hot water (keep the other 1/2 in the fridge wrapped in glad wrap or plastic zip lock bag for later use). So as not to put an excessively hot liquid straight into the Droid, put a few litres of water in, add the dark ale mix then top up to the 10l mark.

I'd use the whole sachet of yeast that comes with the tin or a Y2. Then I’d do and X1 and an X4. If no X4 then 2 x X1.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Dissolve 1/2 of the tin in a couple of litres of hot water (keep the other 1/2 in the fridge wrapped in glad wrap or plastic zip lock bag for later use). So as not to put an excessively hot liquid straight into the Droid, put a few litres of water in, add the dark ale mix then top up to the 10l mark.

I'd use the whole sachet of yeast that comes with the tin or a Y2. Then I’d do and X1 and an X4. If no X4 then 2 x X1.

We need to accommodate more users with methods to use their smaller and larger available batches in the droid.  This was an excellent guide to adapting a large recipe to the droid.  There are many large (5 - 6 gal) and small (2- gal) recipes that can be adapted to the droid.  With its superior scheduling and temperature management, the droid can excel in the production of quality brews - far better than the uncontrolled fermenters can produce.

Happy brewing. 😀

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

then do you just use the normal Dark ale program on the droid or do you need to use a custom one? 

i have two droids so can you just half everything and put half in each? 

Edited by Jarrd

5 minutes ago, Jarrd said:

then do you just use the normal Dark ale program on the droid or do you need to use a custom one? 

i have two droids so can you just half everything and put half in each? 

Yes the Ale program is the go. Great, 2 droids so split in half and away you go. If you can use the tin sachet in one droid and Y2 or Y3 in the other. If you don’t have an extra yeast sachet the split the tin one, it will work but probably a bit slow to take off.

11 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Yes the Ale program is the go. Great, 2 droids so split in half and away you go. If you can use the tin sachet in one droid and Y2 or Y3 in the other. If you don’t have an extra yeast sachet the split the tin one, it will work but probably a bit slow to take off.

cheers for the help mate ill give it a crack 

• Like 1