Contest Idea

Hi all. I had an idea that I can't get out of my head, so I thought I'd put it out here for comments. Has Brewart ever run any kind of contest for users to submit their own recipes? My idea would be for users to create their own recipes, using Brewart ingredients, then submit them via this forum. Judging could be done by popular vote or by the Brewart team, or possibly some combination of both. Hopefully, the good folks at Brewart would support the contest with some sort of reward, and by creating a new Brewprint on the winning recipe, perhaps with the winner being allowed to name it. Obviously, the contest would have to run over quite a long time, to give interested contestants a chance to create their brews, submit them, then others to brew them and try them. Maybe it could run through the whole year? 

Anyway, seems interesting to me. Maybe some you fellow brewers would like to comment? 

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Steve Gyldenvand said:

Hi all. I had an idea that I can't get out of my head, so I thought I'd put it out here for comments. Has Brewart ever run any kind of contest for users to submit their own recipes? My idea would be for users to create their own recipes, using Brewart ingredients, then submit them via this forum. Judging could be done by popular vote or by the Brewart team, or possibly some combination of both. Hopefully, the good folks at Brewart would support the contest with some sort of reward, and by creating a new Brewprint on the winning recipe, perhaps with the winner being allowed to name it. Obviously, the contest would have to run over quite a long time, to give interested contestants a chance to create their brews, submit them, then others to brew them and try them. Maybe it could run through the whole year? 

Anyway, seems interesting to me. Maybe some you fellow brewers would like to comment? 

I'd love that contest, the winners brew to be a new Brewprint. I have seen some great recipes over the journey

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi Rob. Yeah, since I joined here last month, I've taken the time to read some of the old posts, and I saw enough interesting dialogue in the Brewprint customization and brewing with Brewart ingredients forums, that the contest idea seemed like a natural. I'm glad you like the idea. Let's hope it picks up some followers and momentum.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Steve Gyldenvand said:

Hi Rob. Yeah, since I joined here last month, I've taken the time to read some of the old posts, and I saw enough interesting dialogue in the Brewprint customization and brewing with Brewart ingredients forums, that the contest idea seemed like a natural. I'm glad you like the idea. Let's hope it picks up some followers and momentum.

@BrewArt TeamTo say no to this idea would be....dare i say...UnAustralian*

*Still have no idea what that even means, besides charging for sauce on a pie, obviously that is UnAustralian

• Like 1