Brewprint Issue

Good morning..I am a first time Brewer & I bought my Beerdroids 2nd hand I did a Test Case one with a Brewprints that was a little out of date just to get the Idea..When i opened to put Hops in the day before I was wanting to Bottle when i took the lid off there was all the scummy looking floaties on Top..is this normal or was it beacause I used an out of Date Brewprint????

6 hours ago, Debra Maloney said:

Good morning..I am a first time Brewer & I bought my Beerdroids 2nd hand I did a Test Case one with a Brewprints that was a little out of date just to get the Idea..When i opened to put Hops in the day before I was wanting to Bottle when i took the lid off there was all the scummy looking floaties on Top..is this normal or was it beacause I used an out of Date Brewprint????

Hi Debra, welcome to the forum, did you take a picture at all?

A lot of the time it can be quite harmless 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Hi Debra, welcome to the forum, did you take a picture at all?

A lot of the time it can be quite harmless 

Welcome @Debra Maloney

I second what @Rob Courtney has said, if you have a photo or can take a photo, that will really help. Also, if you can let us know which BrewPrint you have used and did you use the standard Fermentation Profile for that BrewPrint?

Also, if your BrewPrint doesn't require a cold crash (i.e. lowering the temperature to single digits) then that could simply be the last of the krausen (i.e. the yeast raft that forms on the top of the water and ingredients during fermentation) and therefore a good sign.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Debra Maloney said:

HI again, do the Pics above look OK

Hi Deb, sorry but my internet crashed last night and came back on an hour ago. So, it looks like an infection but it will be from the yeast not anything else like the beer packs being old.

Can it still be drunk, yep, would I? maybe. Nah I'd just start again I think

What I would say is if you have a Brewart sanatising tablet, please use it, otherwise soak the droid in a sodium Percarbonate mix