Brewprint Info

HI Again... I have added some Pics of my Aussie Gold Brewprint in Beerdroid when i was adding Hops & also when I poured a Little sample wanting to know if all looks ok..The Beer in the Glass looks very Milky ???

Also if when I am finished Brewing & Bottling if I am putting another Brewprint in of the same Type do I sterilze the whole Beerdroid again or just rinse..? Sorry for the stupid questions but it is all new to me😉

35 minutes ago, Debra Maloney said:

HI Again... I have added some Pics of my Aussie Gold Brewprint in Beerdroid when i was adding Hops & also when I poured a Little sample wanting to know if all looks ok..The Beer in the Glass looks very Milky ???

Also if when I am finished Brewing & Bottling if I am putting another Brewprint in of the same Type do I sterilze the whole Beerdroid again or just rinse..? Sorry for the stupid questions but it is all new to me😉

426721486_382518284388383_578861721522559637_n.jpg

428053568_919816223006082_1990222281095721070_n.jpg

427882648_1510113159715236_3348589735883622762_n.jpg

426458862_1113080203152130_7408243842078717036_n.jpg

A few things, would like to see a bigger pour to get an idea

- would minimise the number of times I'd open the lid too. Whilst it is brewing, it has a layer of C02 over it but introducing air into it may oxidise the brew

-Yeah, I would sterilise it after each brew for a while until you get the hang, it puts your mind at ease

• Upvote 1

Hi Debra. Your first pour out of the droid is going to look a little cloudy because of the trub that has settled at the bottom. (The last one, too, if you're draining it for every last drop you can get!) After bottling, the trub will naturally settle at the bottom of the bottles during conditioning, leaving you with a nice clear brew. Personally, every time I bottle I start by pouring myself a half-glass to sip on while I work. It's young and unconditioned, of course, but still tasty in it's own way.

I agree with Rob on the sanitizing. I consider the whole sanitizing process to be the single most important aspect in the whole brewing process. Start each batch as clean and sanitary as you can get it, and then enjoy the whole experience with confidence.

Slainte!

• Upvote 1

On 19/02/2024 at 5:16 PM, Debra Maloney said:

Thanks Guys...

Rob I have only taken Top/Lid off to take Pic & add Hops 

Another quick Question...I am bottling so do I need to just store at room temp or in fridge?

Add your carbonation product of choice at bottling, of course, then condition at room temp for a couple weeks at least. After that, you can move it to a cooler spot for longer term storage/conditioning. Fridge isn't necessary until you're cooling it down further for drinking. I do my initial conditioning on a rack in a spare bedroom, and generally leave beer there until the space is full, then move older batches to the cellar where it's cooler and darker.

Slainte!

• Upvote 1