Pirate Life South Coast Pale Ale

Have a certain affinity for this one, people like it or hate it but is a bloody nice ale after a days cricket. I'll usually neck two or three pints of this so...

2  E5

2 X2

y1 yeast

Dry hop 25 gms Cashmere, 25 gms Wai-it would have liked to go 12.5gms of Taheke and Wai-ti but I live in a small country town and couldn't find any Taheke.

Anyways, just dry hopped it so giddy up but I guess that means another 8 weeks until I get a real good idea on this one

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Six weeks in so some sort of an idea now where it is going. I've had a couple of stubbies of this and really I thought it was a version of Hops sessed Ale which was a beer I was OK with but probably wouldn't go out of my way to brew again. I thought given it was young, I'd give it a few weeks to see where it was at...all the while hoping that wasn't the peak.

It's actually really nice but it isn't the beer I was looking to make, it is kinda missing that real citrusy, maybe grapefruit taste that makes this a great beer to smash a couple of pints after a day of cricket with some bowls of hot chips and gravy and sometimes call the wife to walk down to the pub because 2 pints turned into 5 and a chicken Snitty burger and someone needs to take me and the car, home. 

I will have one tomorrow with a can of the original to really pinpoint what is missing in this one because I'd like to have an arsenal of this stuff to drink in summer.

@BrewArt Team

image.thumb.jpeg.41d7cdf8bc90a8ad10d9e27bd6e65a22.jpeg