Canceling a brew within the app while in store mode to keg into 10L ikegger keg

ScottyRM

Hey fellow brewers!

Loving the BrewArt system, got 3 of the things now haha

I recently acquired 2 10L stainless steel ikegger kegs and a font fridge set up.

my question is, with the ikegger videos about kegging from the beerdroid, with the beerdroid being in storage mode at 3-4 degrees, can you cancel the brew all together or confirm it’s done and then transfer the brew from the beerdroid to the 10L keg?

I don’t see how it can happen via the app or even on the droid.. do you just turn off the beerdroid all together.. 

sorry for the silly questions if this has already been asked.

cheers

scotty. 

6 hours ago, ScottyRM said:

Hey fellow brewers!

Loving the BrewArt system, got 3 of the things now haha

I recently acquired 2 10L stainless steel ikegger kegs and a font fridge set up.

my question is, with the ikegger videos about kegging from the beerdroid, with the beerdroid being in storage mode at 3-4 degrees, can you cancel the brew all together or confirm it’s done and then transfer the brew from the beerdroid to the 10L keg?

I don’t see how it can happen via the app or even on the droid.. do you just turn off the beerdroid all together.. 

sorry for the silly questions if this has already been asked.

cheers

scotty. 

No silly questions and welcome.

You can't cancel the brew via the app but you can via the droid by pressing X when it has gotten to ready to keg.

If you turn the droid off altogether, when you switch it back on, it picks up where it left off. It doesn't forget things, like wives.

• Haha 2

reading the question better...and given it is near midnight and I am enjoying some good brews...

Edit: It appears you are asking to cancel the brew before end of fermentation. Not desirable in bottles but yes you can do it in kegs where it will continue on ending it's fermenting. If that is what you are wanting to do, as above, press the X on the droid and it will close off the brew on the app.

It does do a great job in the droid though and will let you know when the beer is ready and then you can transfer it straight into the kegs, there have been many people on this site over the time that would do what you are describing due to the hassle of judging EOF but once they started using  the droid to complete the brew before transferring

Hope that helps