Mr Beer bewitched

Shawn McKee

Hi all,

Have recently brewed a mr beer bewitched with 11 litres + yeast with the red packet safol 05 me thinks.

It is very dark but what I must say is  that clean up is so easy compared to dry ingredients. It does take longer which is a downfall as I am trying to brew as much as I can now it's  slightly cooler in Qld.

Bottled last weekend,  really want to give 3 weeks for 2nd fermentation. I have been using 1.25ltr pet bottles with 3 drops and seems to be dissolving well as compared to the 750ml pets with 2 drops they just don't seem to fully dissolve.  Maybe bottles are old or been used and returned?

I checked my brew tonight and they all seem fine.

Started a morgans lager with brew enhancer 2 today with 2 coopers yeast and 11 liters of water only used 3/4 of tin , see how this 1 turns out.

Cheers,

Shawn

12 minutes ago, Shawn McKee said:

Hi all,

Have recently brewed a mr beer bewitched with 11 litres + yeast with the red packet safol 05 me thinks.

It is very dark but what I must say is  that clean up is so easy compared to dry ingredients. It does take longer which is a downfall as I am trying to brew as much as I can now it's  slightly cooler in Qld.

Bottled last weekend,  really want to give 3 weeks for 2nd fermentation. I have been using 1.25ltr pet bottles with 3 drops and seems to be dissolving well as compared to the 750ml pets with 2 drops they just don't seem to fully dissolve.  Maybe bottles are old or been used and returned?

I checked my brew tonight and they all seem fine.

Started a morgans lager with brew enhancer 2 today with 2 coopers yeast and 11 liters of water only used 3/4 of tin , see how this 1 turns out.

Cheers,

Shawn

Sounds all good Shawn. The Mr Beer range make good 10 litre brews and it works out not too expensive.

If some of the 3 drops are not dissolving or to make it a bit quicker, break them in half (plastic bag and rolling pin/bottle etc)

I reckon your Morgan’s brew is going to take off, sound ps interesting.

Cheers Mark