Beer for bums

Shawn McKee

I got the shock of my life last week when I purchased a slab of coopers xpa $68.00. Don't get me wrong that's only $2.83 a can and I get 10c back for a can.

My point being is that it's about $6.00 for a pack of durries in the usa and $25.00 for a 1.25ltr vodka from Walmart or Costco.

Look at Australia's cost of alcohol and the tax the government takes and they want to start hitting the home brewer.

A tallie of coopers pale ale today $9.00. 2 months ago I got 3 tallies for $20

If coopers want us to use their ingredients they need to drop the prices so that people can afford the brew beer not just to drink but also as a hobby.

Again this only my opinion not that of coopers or brewart.

Best Regards,

Shawn

29 minutes ago, Shawn McKee said:

I got the shock of my life last week when I purchased a slab of coopers xpa $68.00. Don't get me wrong that's only $2.83 a can and I get 10c back for a can.

My point being is that it's about $6.00 for a pack of durries in the usa and $25.00 for a 1.25ltr vodka from Walmart or Costco.

Look at Australia's cost of alcohol and the tax the government takes and they want to start hitting the home brewer.

A tallie of coopers pale ale today $9.00. 2 months ago I got 3 tallies for $20

If coopers want us to use their ingredients they need to drop the prices so that people can afford the brew beer not just to drink but also as a hobby.

Again this only my opinion not that of coopers or brewart.

Best Regards,

Shawn

If you brew the Coopers XPA via Brewprint ingredients, it works out to 0.94 cents a can which these days is pretty cheap drinking, same equivalent in a bar $9 plus? 
However if your talking about beer prices in the Bottle stores (like Dan’s) then the prices are ridiculous and a lot are only 330ml.