App keeps asking to add Beerdroid

DrJones

Anyone has the issue that the app keeps on asking to add another Beerdroid? I added mine and it's currently brewing so this is somewhat disturbing?

Also during installation I was unable to connect to the BeerXX.XX.XX.XXXX.XXXX network - couldn't figure out what the password was supposed to be. Got it working with WPS in the end but documentation could be better (especially for the password for the Wifi for setup!).

7 minutes ago, Jonas Doerr said:

Anyone has the issue that the app keeps on asking to add another Beerdroid? I added mine and it's currently brewing so this is somewhat disturbing?

Also during installation I was unable to connect to the BeerXX.XX.XX.XXXX.XXXX network - couldn't figure out what the password was supposed to be. Got it working with WPS in the end but documentation could be better (especially for the password for the Wifi for setup!).

Hi Jonas, Mark here and welcome to the forum. The password is your network password, could be on rhe underside of your modem. Have you registered your droid with BrewArt?

in any event I’ve tagged your post to BrewArt tech, Liam who should be able to help. (top guy but don’t tell him, ha)

@BrewArtTech

Awesome - that was a quick answer!

However in that case it's not my network password - I was trying to directly connect to the Beerdroid in manual setup mode:

g. Go to your Wi-Fi configuration setting and view available networks.

h. Connect to the "BeerDroid. xx.xx.xxxx.xxxx" (where the xx are your units serial numbers) network. Ignore any limited connectivity or security warnings.

i. Open a browser window, e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Chrome etc. Ignore any message about not being able to load your default page.

I don't even get to the point where I could open a browser - no talk about the (required!) password for the network created by the Beerdroid itself.

On 30/04/2020 at 9:26 AM, DrJones said:

Awesome - that was a quick answer!

However in that case it's not my network password - I was trying to directly connect to the Beerdroid in manual setup mode:

g. Go to your Wi-Fi configuration setting and view available networks.

h. Connect to the "BeerDroid. xx.xx.xxxx.xxxx" (where the xx are your units serial numbers) network. Ignore any limited connectivity or security warnings.

i. Open a browser window, e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Chrome etc. Ignore any message about not being able to load your default page.

I don't even get to the point where I could open a browser - no talk about the (required!) password for the network created by the Beerdroid itself.

Hi again and DrJones, not Jonas. Sorry don’t know why that happened. You can’t do much until your finished brewing, has Liam been in contact? If not (probably very busy) I’m #sure we can sought it out.

Quick change of names since I saw everyone else was using a pseudonym...

No Liam hasn't been in contact yet. The process of brewing seems to work though, the app as well - I just need to click to some other item in the menu and then back to 'Brew Status'. BTW: Is there a way to export the temperature curve? As a data-driven guy that would be neat...

25 minutes ago, DrJones said:

No Liam hasn't been in contact yet. The process of brewing seems to work though, the app as well - I just need to click to some other item in the menu and then back to 'Brew Status'. BTW: Is there a way to export the temperature curve? As a data-driven guy that would be neat...

Not sure about the export, but glad is all good for you. I’m having a few English Pub Draught at the moment, good drop. Your preferences? and rough location? 

2 hours ago, DrJones said:

pseudonym?

11 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Not sure about the export, but glad is all good for you. I’m having a few English Pub Draught at the moment, good drop. Your preferences? and rough location? 

Northern California.

I'm new to brewing but I like Pilsner, Belgian Triple, Imperial stout...

• Upvote 1

On 30/04/2020 at 9:38 AM, DrJones said:

Hi

I've just managed to set mine up, and I agree - it really isn't clear for what is actually a very basic process. There are two different, but similar steps:

1) - When trying to connect to the Beer Droid to manually set up your wi-fi connection

The password is just the last 8 digits of the serial number (with a dash in between) - so the last 8 of those x's from the BeerDroid network.

I too ended up connecting the BeerDroid using WPS, but I needed to use the following process to connect it to my app:

2) Connecting your BeerDroid to the Brewart App:

The BeerDroid name is the 'BeerDroid.xx.xx.xxxx.xxxx' from the network name.

The second box for the password (although it doesn't say password) is the serial number without any dots or dashes - so all of those x's.

Hope that helps - thats how I managed to get it all set up anyway. :)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, AW Aus said:

Hi

I've just managed to set mine up, and I agree - it really isn't clear for what is actually a very basic process. There are two different, but similar steps:

1) - When trying to connect to the Beer Droid to manually set up your wi-fi connection

The password is just the last 8 digits of the serial number (with a dash in between) - so the last 8 of those x's from the BeerDroid network.

I too ended up connecting the BeerDroid using WPS, but I needed to use the following process to connect it to my app:

2) Connecting your BeerDroid to the Brewart App:

The BeerDroid name is the 'BeerDroid.xx.xx.xxxx.xxxx' from the network name.

The second box for the password (although it doesn't say password) is the serial number without any dots or dashes - so all of those x's.

Hope that helps - thats how I managed to get it all set up anyway. :)

Thanks! So you are saying - for any new users, I'm fine already - that the password is 

XXXX-XXXX

(being the last 8 digits INCLUDING the space).

I have no trouble finding the Beerdroid in my app. Under Brew Status it's always there, nicely linked to my account. However every time I OPEN the app it will ask me to link a new BeerDroid. That's a bug I assume - when I go back to Brew Status it's right there, showing me its detailed progress.

Almost 3 days into the brewing, waiting for the 'ready to keg' notification. Since I'm in quarantine I have plenty of time checking it's progress and I can clearly see a decrease in temperature increase over time, I guess the fermentation slowly is coming to a hold.

12 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Brewing is a fun journey and the droid makes it so easy to do

My next one will be a Belgian Triple (I'm giving it a shot for my second brew and will use a recipe kit purchased from a local beer supply). Should be fairly straightforward, I guess (try to avoid the 15$ shipping cost for now).

Do you guys have any experience regarding fruit flies? Are they an issue for causing contamination or is the Beerdroid tight enough?

When using a brew planner and putting in the ingredients for the APA it says that the ABV is ~3.8% not the 5.5 that it is supposed to be - any idea why?

29 minutes ago, DrJones said:

My next one will be a Belgian Triple (I'm giving it a shot for my second brew and will use a recipe kit purchased from a local beer supply). Should be fairly straightforward, I guess (try to avoid the 15$ shipping cost for now).

Do you guys have any experience regarding fruit flies? Are they an issue for causing contamination or is the Beerdroid tight enough?

When using a brew planner and putting in the ingredients for the APA it says that the ABV is ~3.8% not the 5.5 that it is supposed to be - any idea why?

Haven’t had any fruit fly problems In South Australia as we have an eradication program and border controls of fruit into the State. Haven’t heard of anyone with fly/mite problems with the droid to date.

The ABV you got of 3.8%, was that calculation done on 10 litres?

6 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Haven’t had any fruit fly problems In South Australia as we have an eradication program and border controls of fruit into the State. Haven’t heard of anyone with fly/mite problems with the droid to date.

The ABV you got of 3.8%, was that calculation done on 10 litres?

Yes it was. So basically there is 1.25kg worth of malts in the kit (E2, E5, E5, X2, X2)... 

Good for you that gov took care of that! But the sealing looked pretty good - I was just wondering. Seems like a very well-designed instrument so that surely was taken into consideration. My Starsan won't arrive before Wednesday - you think that using dish soap, rinsing with water and 70% ethanol will do the trick instead?

36 minutes ago, DrJones said:

Yes it was. So basically there is 1.25kg worth of malts in the kit (E2, E5, E5, X2, X2)... 

Good for you that gov took care of that! But the sealing looked pretty good - I was just wondering. Seems like a very well-designed instrument so that surely was taken into consideration. My Starsan won't arrive before Wednesday - you think that using dish soap, rinsing with water and 70% ethanol will do the trick instead?

The ingredients will give you 5.5%.

Rinse the dish soap thoroughly with water and wipe out with clean cloth (chux wipe), rinse again. Don’t  forget the tap (seperate into two parts), the bung and underside of the lid. The ethanol at 70% will be fine.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, DrJones said:

Thanks! So you are saying - for any new users, I'm fine already - that the password is 

XXXX-XXXX

(being the last 8 digits INCLUDING the space).

I have no trouble finding the Beerdroid in my app. Under Brew Status it's always there, nicely linked to my account. However every time I OPEN the app it will ask me to link a new BeerDroid. That's a bug I assume - when I go back to Brew Status it's right there, showing me its detailed progress.

Almost 3 days into the brewing, waiting for the 'ready to keg' notification. Since I'm in quarantine I have plenty of time checking it's progress and I can clearly see a decrease in temperature increase over time, I guess the fermentation slowly is coming to a hold.

Yes, that's correct (if I remember correctly - I had a few attempts to make it work! The dash '-' in the middle might be a dot '.' if it doesn't work).

Sounds like a bug in your app - I'm not having that issue, but there was a note in my BeerDroid saying that they would be updating the app shortly. Hopefully that will fix it for you.

Good luck with the Brew! I'm just sanitising now and waiting to start my first one this afternoon :)

2 hours ago, AW Aus said:

Yes, that's correct (if I remember correctly - I had a few attempts to make it work! The dash '-' in the middle might be a dot '.' if it doesn't work).

Sounds like a bug in your app - I'm not having that issue, but there was a note in my BeerDroid saying that they would be updating the app shortly. Hopefully that will fix it for you.

Good luck with the Brew! I'm just sanitising now and waiting to start my first one this afternoon :)

For your information the current program level is PO12. You will need to check your status when the droid isn’t running. You go into My Beerdroid on the app.