I hate swing top bottles

Rob Courtney

Swing Tops  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How much do they annoy you

• I would rather listen to poetry about identity struggles than put my beer in a swing top
    • I like a lottery and if I lose I have flat beer

Was even going to swear in the title, that is how frustrated i am. Another bottle, another flat beer or near flat beer.. When they work, great but that is like half and half for working/not working, yet the Grolsch Swing tops, 100%.

Have to get up early tomorrow so I will just buy 2 more cartons of the crown seal bottles and be done with it

11 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Was even going to swear in the title, that is how frustrated i am. Another bottle, another flat beer or near flat beer.. When they work, great but that is like half and half for working/not working, yet the Grolsch Swing tops, 100%.

Have to get up early tomorrow so I will just buy 2 more cartons of the crown seal bottles and be done with it

I’m with you, Grolsch great but the others are real crap. I lost 70% of 60 bottles with hard work ginger beer and I used new red seals. With 10 cents refund here in SA you can guess where they are now.

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Thagomizer said:

The good thing is that you can use crown caps on these bottles.  The bottles are very thick and robust.  I've never had one burst.  However, you do need a bench type capper.

I don't mind the Grolsch bottles, they seem tomwork well it was the store brand 750ml bottles that were a bit hit and miss.interesting that you could crown seal them though

5 minutes ago, Patrick Barnwell said:

I've got 9 of the Grolsch bottles seem to work fine... Have been using 4 Liter Mini kegs but those have been a Pain as far as Force carbonation... Just got in two 3 Gallon Corny kegs so I can dump a whole Batch at a time in one keg and still not take up too much room in the Beer fridge

You could use the 4l mini kegs for long storage brews and carbonate with 8 priming tablets. Like bottles these kegs would sit outside the fridge until needed. The remaking 2l into Grolsch bottles.

• Like 2