Glass or stubbie?

Rob Courtney

Serious question.

I believe that some beers are better in the stubbie and some are better in the glass, take for instance a Belgium white beer like Hoegarden, pretty lame in a stubbie, pour it in a glass and I really like it. On the other side, Boags lager, OK in a glass, prefer it in the stubbie.

Which brings me to Lion City Lager, not enjoying it in the stubbie but a long neck into a glass is a joy to drink. I mean it has been tonight, just delicious

6 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Serious question.

I believe that some beers are better in the stubbie and some are better in the glass, take for instance a Belgium white beer like Hoegarden, pretty lame in a stubbie, pour it in a glass and I really like it. On the other side, Boags lager, OK in a glass, prefer it in the stubbie.

Which brings me to Lion City Lager, not enjoying it in the stubbie but a long neck into a glass is a joy to drink. I mean it has been tonight, just delicious

Your right, I mean a stout out of a stubbie, no thanks. I think ales are probably more stubbie friendly whereas most European styles are for the glass.

2 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Your right, I mean a stout out of a stubbie, no thanks. I think ales are probably more stubbie friendly whereas most European styles are for the glass.

Yeah, just the difference of flavour with the Tiger in the pint glass. In saying that though, sometimes it s even the glass. The Weisbeer in a pint glass was nothing to the Weisbeer in the Asahi Glass ( 650mls, straight all the way up)

• 3 months later...