Power outage

David McCabe

hi,

I have put my first brew on 4 days ago and just lost power now. Im worried on what to do as my wifi does not work at the moment so i havnt connected my droid to the internet. 

Am i going to have a destroyed brew or can i save it ?

Any help would be awesome 

20 minutes ago, David McCabe said:

hi,

I have put my first brew on 4 days ago and just lost power now. Im worried on what to do as my wifi does not work at the moment so i havnt connected my droid to the internet. 

Am i going to have a destroyed brew or can i save it ?

Any help would be awesome 

Hi David, Mark here and welcome. No need to worry as when the power returns the Droid will continue as per the original settings. Your beer will be safe. So just wait for the power to return and thus the wifi connection will fire up.

Feel free to ask questions and there is some interesting information on other threads/posts.

What styles do you enjoy most?

18 minutes ago, David McCabe said:

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. I started the brew with out setting the wifi up at all as i am getting internet fix at home and it said i didnt need internet to start brewing. Does this mean it will still be safe?

Yes, the units are well sealed/insulated so the temperature of your brew won’t rise a great deal. Going back late last year we had a 5 hour blackout, droids went up 2 degrees, well within good fermentation ranges. So when you power comes on, the droid come on and cool the brew to the target temp. 

28 minutes ago, David McCabe said:

Thanks mate power is back on now and seems ok. Prob not gonna be very good this brew anyway as i am waiting for my brewprints i started a trial run with just using a tin of morgans blue mountain lager to see how it goes.

No problems with that David. The droid is great for any wort, all grain wort, kit, purchased cube wort etc. As long as mixed before hand all ok. I often do Coopers kit brews (I prefer Coopers), mixed in a sanitised saucepan etc.

• Upvote 1