Pineapple Crush

52 minutes ago, Andrew McDonough said:

Hi all, has anyone used grapefruit or citrus juice as a substitute to the pineapple in a pineapple crush blue print?

and secondly if i want to increase the alcohol content do i need the remove one of the enhancers in the brewprint to add an X5?

Thanks in advance

Hi Andrew,

No experience with the other juices, sorry can't help there.

Each BrewArt pack of either an E or X adds approximately 1% ABV. 

So if you want increase the ABV just add an extra X5 as you said (which is Dextrose). The BrewArt ingredients page say "X5 helps your brew ferment thoroughly and gives a clean finish. Increases alcohol content without imparting additional colour or flavour. Suitable for all beer styles."

Caution, adding too much will be at the detriment of the beer's "mouth feel". 

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

I will be starting my Pineapple Crush IPA next using preservative free H2 juice but I am unsure when I should be adding the juice. Can someone advise?

At the beginning, “Brew Notes:  To create this tropical delight, you will need to fill your BeerDroid with water to the 9L mark and then add 1L of good quality, preservative free, pineapple juice (to make 10L) before following regular brewing procedure. Beware when brewing this bold beer, due to it’s vigorous fermentation it may overflow from the vent port for the first 48 hours.”

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

At the beginning, “Brew Notes:  To create this tropical delight, you will need to fill your BeerDroid with water to the 9L mark and then add 1L of good quality, preservative free, pineapple juice (to make 10L) before following regular brewing procedure. Beware when brewing this bold beer, due to it’s vigorous fermentation it may overflow from the vent port for the first 48 hours.”

I need to look at the brewing notes before posting. Sorry.