Force carbonate with sodastream 60l co2 bottle

I have a 30l keg which im soon going to add 23litres of fermented beer into and force carbonate with sodastream 60l co2 bottle. How long does it takes to carbonate my 23litres of beer inside the 30l keg? I read that sodastream co2 bottles can carbonate 1l in ten seconds. Does that mean that it takes 230 seconds to carbonate the whole keg?

4 hours ago, Sondre Sørensen said:

I have a 30l keg which im soon going to add 23litres of fermented beer into and force carbonate with sodastream 60l co2 bottle. How long does it takes to carbonate my 23litres of beer inside the 30l keg? I read that sodastream co2 bottles can carbonate 1l in ten seconds. Does that mean that it takes 230 seconds to carbonate the whole keg?

If you are using the set and forget method (carbonate at dispensing pressure) say with 9psi and the keg chilled to 4C (40F) it will take about 8days. To do 23l in a 30l keg quicker can be done but I’m not sure of the rates. With the keg at the 4C, 20psi and rolling the keg back and forth- 230secs may be right.

However as you are new to this the set and forget method is your best option.

Cheers, Mark

On 25/10/2020 at 9:32 PM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Ok. Your statement “the more littes of beer the higher the pressure from carbonation.” is not correct as you carbonate the same to suit either dispensing pressure from a keg or carbonation suitability for a bottle. That is, a 50l keg is carbonated to the same pressure as a 19l, 9.5l etc and the same with bottles eg a 375ml is carbonated to the same as a 750ml bottle. (Eg a 375ml will use 1 sugar drop, 750ml takes 2). It’s just the amount of priming sugar that changes or the time to carbonate the kegs with co2. 
Have to spoken to a homebrew shop in your area?

Cheers Mark

4 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

If you are using the set and forget method (carbonate at dispensing pressure) say with 9psi and the keg chilled to 4C (40F) it will take about 8days. To do 23l in a 30l keg quicker can be done but I’m not sure of the rates. With the keg at the 4C, 20psi and rolling the keg back and forth- 230secs may be right.

However as you are new to this the set and forget method is your best option.

Cheers, Mark

I see. I dont have a kegerator yet and its not cold enough outside yet either, Its up to 10 degrees at daytime here in Norway. Maybe I should just use the sugar method? How much sugar pr litre  beer? And how much water to add when cooking sugar and water together?

1 hour ago, Sondre Sørensen said:

I see. I dont have a kegerator yet and its not cold enough outside yet either, Its up to 10 degrees at daytime here in Norway. Maybe I should just use the sugar method? How much sugar pr litre  beer? And how much water to add when cooking sugar and water together?

180g would be the go. Bring to the boil about 2 cups of water, add sugar and dissolve.